Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

SCCA Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Default SCCA Racing

Anybody know anything about this, it is something i would like to try doing but it seems very complicated to get involved. So far the gist i got of is like playing gran turismo for real life. First i think i got to take 2 Novice driving school classes and then i will get a regional novice liscence. Then i think i can enter into a club race. The club races listed on the website i am looking at for the scca washington dc area are limited to really old fords, miatas and old rx7's i think. What sucks is i dont want to race any of those cars but if i have to i will. i think ill look into other regions close to me and see if they have better classes. Anyways after doing that i can start to compete nationally in better classes. Aside from the car costs i dont think this will be that expensive, and it looks like you can rent alot of the stuff you need. Well any input would help, i will be at scca.com looking at more and trying to figure this out.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Default RE: SCCA Racing

okay i found another forum (im not cheating on you af.......i have needs you cant satisfy. they have some already built used race cars for sale, but the problem is now that i have to see if i can enter the types for sale in events.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:59 PM

okay i looked around the other forum and it didnt halp as much as i had hoped. There are a bunch of cars for sale but i still am pretty clueless as what to do. I know this, i would like to race a old audi of some sort in a type of restricted touring car series that is local to the Metro DC or baltimore areas. any info is aprreciated

Old 01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
3rd Gear

that would be sick to compete, have u ever driven on a track? a few years ago i took my 99 mustang gt to gingerman raceway for some open laps, it was the mostest bestest driving experience i have ever had.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:44 PM
3rd Gear

FYI Chicagoland members.

SCCA 06 General Meeting is on Jan 19th @ CIR in Buffalo Grove.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:48 PM

after alot of research and info, i am now a registered member of the scca and am on 2 pit crews for this coming season. and in the winter i will be going to class for my novice liscence. This should give me alot of time to build a race car. I will probably be competing in the ITA or ITS class. I cant wait im heading up to eastside as soon as i get out of work to pick out a chassis. [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-13-2006, 04:59 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

after alot of research and info, i am now a registered member of the scca and am on 2 pit crews for this coming season. and in the winter i will be going to class for my novice liscence. This should give me alot of time to build a race car. I will probably be competing in the ITA or ITS class. I cant wait im heading up to eastside as soon as i get out of work to pick out a chassis. [sm=happybounce.gif]
Congrats man...have a blast! You will meet lots of people at the meets that share the passions as you, and it's fun.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:19 PM
2nd Gear

I run with the NCR-55 SCCA Region for Auto Crossing... Then I run with Claus Platt and his racing team (Spec Miata) in ITB Class. And my Type-R is being built for H2 Class. So yeah, I'm with the SCCA. GET INVOLVED! You will not regret it.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

I run with the NCR-55 SCCA Region for Auto Crossing... Then I run with Claus Platt and his racing team (Spec Miata) in ITB Class. And my Type-R is being built for H2 Class. So yeah, I'm with the SCCA. GET INVOLVED! You will not regret it.

i know i wont regret it but my wallet and fiance definately will!!!!!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear

It's not that bad... Start out small, if you're under 6'3", I'd say go with a Spec Miata build. One can be fully built for under $6,000, and they can be very competitive cars. Have fun.

Quick Reply: SCCA Racing