AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Should I do it? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/should-i-do-18795/)

cary12 10-27-2005 04:01 PM

Should I do it?

I'm thinking about trading my 01 A6 4.2L in for this A4. Does it sound like a good deal? I think I could get the price down to 27,000 but I have no knowledge of the A4's or if this is a good deal or not. I'm not too sure about red but it's not the annoying red that you see on a lot of cars. It has the super sport option, whatever that is? I can't attach the link because Audi's website is set up a little strange.

Just looking for some opinions.

2004 Audi A4 1.8 T quattro
Vehicle Information:
Price: $30,226
Miles: 26,274
Engine: 1.8 L 4 CYL.
Color: Red
Stock Number: DP0706
VIN: WAULC68E44A115558
Certified: yes

Features:
Driver Side Air Bag
Passenger Side Air Bag
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
AM/FM Radio
Alloy Wheels
Bucket Seats
Center Arm Rest/Console
Cassette
Compact Disc Player
Climate Control
Cruise Control
Manual Transmission
Power Brakes
Power Door Locks
Premium Stereo
Driver Side Power Seat
Power Windows
Rear Window Defrost
Rear Spoiler
Sunroof
Tilt Steering Wheel
Tinted Glass

QuattroGT74 10-27-2005 04:27 PM

RE: Should I do it?

If your A6 is in good condition and going good I would keep it, but it all depends on the reasons why you want a change, just for the heck of it, lower payments, smaller car, tuning etc etc. Good luck.

cary12 10-27-2005 06:11 PM

I was just wanting an A4 to have something a little smaller and a little quicker. My 4.2 is pretty fast and it has all the options and what not but it's got almost 57,000 miles on it. I'll probably end up keeping it for a little while but it's hard to find a used A4 with the super sport package.

Karl 10-27-2005 06:24 PM

um that vehicle was in a minor accident.. Im sure it wasnt anything to big though, because they are offering it as certified.. but might be a good tool to use to get the price lower

4dot 10-27-2005 06:26 PM

do you mean the ultra sport? if so i would make the switch. don't get me wrong i luv my 4.2 but if i had the chance to switch if for a newer ultra sport i would do it i a heartbeat. if i remember correctly didn't you pay more for the 4.2 than you would be paying for the a4? is the 6 that badly damaged from highway accident?

my only concern would be the turbo which obvioulsy would never be a problem in the 4.2, and shouldn't be in the ultra sport (with proper care). but if you plan on keeping it for the long hall just think about that b4 you make the decision.

cary12 10-27-2005 08:01 PM

Yeah, I paid 33,000 for my A6 and for the A4 I think with the car fax that Redgoat ran for me, I could get them down to 26,000. We'll see...

cary12 10-27-2005 08:50 PM

Well, that was short lived! Audi North Scottsdale in AZ is a ripoff. They will only give me 16,000 in trade in!! LOL. Trade in is such a joke. You would think that being a current Audi owner, they would show the love but not everyone is nice. LOL.