Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Bring back SPAM-Jumpers!!!
Yes! I enjoyed it, before, and I'll WIN! This time, for sure!
27.27%
No! Why you wanna keep bringin up ol schitt, fossil?
9.09%
Yes! I'm too ne0b to have played before, and it sounds like fun!
54.55%
NO! I never won, before,m so it was OBVIOUSLY rigged.
0%
NO! YES! NO! YES! NO! YES! NO! YES! NO! YES!
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Should Jazz do another SPAM-Jumpers game, on here?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Senior Administrator
Question Should Jazz do another SPAM-Jumpers game, on here?

OK, quick poll, to gauge the potential for participation. For those younger than, what, 3-years, on here, I occasionally ran a game on here I called "SPAM-Jumpers." It made finding SPAM kinda fun, actually! There were prizes (although the last game died on the vine for lack of participation), and lots of chances to poke fun at spammers. Do a thread search if you wanna see what it was about, rules @ scoring, and such.

Anyway, if the yeas outweigh the nays, I'll run it, again.

Voice your vote!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Senior Administrator

Oh, and, OF COURSE there will be prizes, for the top 3, at least. Top 5 if we get more that 15 players.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
1st Gear

You mean these rules?

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
AWDaholic (A.K.A. Jazz) says:

OK, it's OFFICIAL!!!

SPAM-Jumpers 2007 (Summer-league) is O-FISH-ULLY OPEN!!!

Same basic rules as before (with a few updates):
[ol][*] SPAM is: Shameless commerce WITHOUT the advanced permission of "The Powers That Be," here at AF.[*]ANY spam, ANYWHERE on teh AF boards is legal for points, except as noted in rule #11, below.[*]Scoring:
[ul][*]1st post - 10 pts[*]2nd post - 9 pts[*]3rd post - 8 pts[*]it continues, like that, all the way down to 1 pte, AFTER which the points go back UP:
[ul][*]11th post - 2 pts[*]12th post - 3 pts[*]13th post - 4pts[*]etc...[*]etc...[/ul][*]points for a SPAM thread cannot be counted/tabulated/added to your score UNTIL the thread has been locked. Unlocked threads are still open for scoring.[/ul][*]ANY Mod or Admin who spots SPAM is obligated to LOCK the thread ONLY, please! At that point, of course, no more point scoring will be possible (because, DUH, you can't post to a locked thread, right?)[*]First to accumulate 100 points WINS!!!
[ul][*]1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes ONLY[*]Actual prizes are TBD, at this time. (Last time we gave away cars. Maybe do so again, maybe try to top that ::shruggs:[/ul][*]You are free to PM amongst yourselves, letting others know where some choice SPAM cuts can be had.
[ul][*]PMing me, or any of teh other Admins/Mods, to lock a SPAM thread and cut off the scoring is mean-spirited, cut-throat gamesmanship, and certainly PERMITTED!!![/ul][*]Admins and Mods are prohibited from acquiring ANY points or winning ANY prizes.[*]Conflicts and decrepancies will be resolved by teh Referee (i.e. ME, Jazz, the AWDaholic).
[ul][*]Once a decision has been reached it CANNOT be over-ruled, except by 2/3rds majority of the Executive Referee Committeee:
[ul][*]Redgoatâ„¢[*]PandaXpress[*]BaconBait[/ul][*]The ERC may award Bonus points, if necessary, in the interest of fairplay.[*]The ERC may subract Penalty points, if necessary, in the interest of fairplay.[*]Aside from settling disputes and keeping score, the Referee has NO SAY SO in Bonus or Penalty points.[/ul][*]SPAMmers are NOT allowed to score points or otherwise participate in the game, except as fodder for our cannons and targets for our vitriol.[*]2 point PENALTY for FALSELY accusing a post of being SPAM, so, make SURE it's what it is before you make your call![*]NOTHING posted in the classified section will count as SPAM.[*]As of 0:00:01 GMT (look it up and do teh math, if you don't know) 16 JUNE 2007,the Summer-league '07 SPAM-Jumpers season OFICIALLY OPENED!!! [*]Good luck EVERYONE![*]/GAME ON!!![/ol]
*actual mileage may vary.
**title, tax, and license not included.
***void where prohibited.
****ANY age may play, but, you must be 16years old, as of contest start date, to win prizes.
****if I forgot anything I'll add it in , later.
*****have you EVER seen THIS MANY asterisk'd footnotes before?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
3rd Gear

Hahaha! I really hope that the spammers post at midnight, at that time is like 17 over here...

Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Who is Jazz?

Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Senior Administrator

^LoLzz - OUT LOUD!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Gigantor
You mean these rules?
Yep! Themz them. I'll hafta updaate them, of course (thanlks for saving me the search, BTW), because Karl, Cheng & Craig haven't been hangin' round, much, lately (at least, not in OT). Guess I'll hafta be judge, jury & executioner.

Prizez'rr gonna come from my Zazzle shop (the link, in my siggy). Mug, T-Shirt & keychain (or, maybe a bumper sticker). If we get MORE players I'll up the prize quotient. Poll runs into October, but I'll prolly cut it short if it looks like a runaway vote. When the poll ends the GAME WILL BEGIN!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Senior Administrator

Speaking of MATH... I need MORE VOTES, to allow me to do a proper statistical analysis of of wishes/needs of the general AF population.

VOTE!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:06 PM
4th Gear

Hells yeah man, just like the good old days.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by flyboy
Hells yeah man, just like the good old days.
where do duck did you come from, you were here before i was.

And Jazz, I'd say IDK, because i'm not sure if AF is active enough right now to hold a good spam jumpers game. I know I'm sure not on here as much as I used to be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should Jazz do another SPAM-Jumpers game, on here?