Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

some fault codes to brows

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

My problems:
I bought a 98 audi a4 quattro. Upon inspection the following day. I discovered a small oil leak coming from the front passenger side. So i took the car into the audi dealership. I was told that i would Need to replace the crank shaft seal and several other seals. They tell me i didn't have any engine coolant. So i left that dealer and did some research on my own.

I had discovered i was sold a car with no functional heater core. I come to find out the heater core was bypasses with a elbow. The engine coolant still in the coolant reservoir. I come to find out after changing the engine plugs the first time. There was a oil leak from the valve cover. The front crankshaft seal was also leaking. I had both seals changed at the shop. I asked about the timing belt since the whole front of the car was taken apart. The previous owner said it was changed, but i still was unsure. The shop says looks like the belt was still good and all pulleys all looked good. Now the engine misfire didn't start until i started driving the car regularly. Odb2 codes: p0300 p0301 p0303 p0302 1198 1199 . I ended up replacing the spark plugs again with clean plugs, changed the spark plug wires, changed the ignition coil pack, and replaced the crank case breather hose. I ordered a ignition control module piece and will end up replacing that when it arrives. Since i have changed the plugs. The engine idle improved. The check engine light flashes mostly when the car idles at a red light or when the car is parked and the air condition is on. No foul smell from the exhaust. I suspected a possible head gasket leak, but no radiator fluid coming from the exhaust. I might end up taking it back to a shop to get a proper diagnosis on the misfire problem after the icm change. Some thoughts on other things I check that i haven't done yet.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:16 AM
1st Gear

Hey thanks for sharing the information...