Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Star Trek FTW

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
4th Gear
Thumbs up Star Trek FTW

To be honest, I was a HUGE Kirk fan when I was growing up and to see them monkey with the original I had severe reservations.

My wife was not even a Star Trek fan at all and we both went and saw it.

It's freaking awesome! Funny, smart, well done in almost every way. The casting is spot on and the special effects are equally outstanding.

If you want to go see a great movie - go see Star Trek.

That is all... carry on

Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
4th Gear

I support everything said here

Don't give a **** about Trek, but enjoyed this movie.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i'm not much of a science fiction fan.
i rarely see movies at the theater, either.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
i'm not much of a science fiction fan.
i rarely see movies at the theater, either.

I think sci-fi's retarded as *****.

But this movie was so well done, usually when I see movies I'm like.. christ they coulda cut out 20 + minutes of this pile of ****.

I was really impressed with this movie, it all felt necessary, and came together so well, and the acting was awesome.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
3rd Gear

I want to go see it!!! I was supposed to today but my date had to be home by 7 and I took too long buying some new clothes. Oh well she said we'll reschedule so just another excuse to hang out w/ her another day.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
4th Gear

It's funnier than **** at times - especially when McCoy is try to cure Kirk "Ow! Stop that!?!" ROFL

Yeah, even Ebert screwed up his review - the movie explains a great deal more than I thought it would. It's a very smart script.

I loved Wrath of Khan and First Contact - but this movie by far is better made and produced than those two could have hoped for. No overacting, cheezy moments, science that defies even sci-fi parameters, etc...

It's just a great movie. Going to go see it again with my younger son - he's dying to see it.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:34 AM
5th Gear

i'll have to check it out. when the previews first came out i was fixated on the welder they panned past, stick welding at about 10' a minute, aka, 10x faster than you should and i made my decision on that. yeah, i get hung up in details sometimes... what of it?

Old 05-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Site Moderator

I wanna see it! Glad it was a good movie, i was skeptical hearing they were gonna fiddle with the original too.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by achTTung
i'll have to check it out. when the previews first came out i was fixated on the welder they panned past, stick welding at about 10' a minute, aka, 10x faster than you should and i made my decision on that. yeah, i get hung up in details sometimes... what of it?
Who knows what kind of awesome speed welders they might invent 300 years from now?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 AM
5th Gear

yeah, but it was just a basic stick welder.

which was another point. stick welding a friggen spaceship? c'mon... that things probably made of exotic metals. Laser, electron-beam, at least submerged arc welding (they use that putting together the hulls of big ships), these are all technologies of TODAY. Stick welding in the future seems lame.

Quick Reply: Star Trek FTW