Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Suspension problem A6 Quattro Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 04:02 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy Suspension problem A6 Quattro Allroad

Suspension problem Allroad

Initially the car sank in the rear when garaged. Sometimes the car would stay up when garaged, sometimes it would drop. On starting the car, the green warning light flashed and the car lifted to the desired height.

On trying different height settings, I found that the car would stay up when on the Allroad setting. This would be OK for a couple of weeks then it would collapse for no apparent reason (sometimes when a trailer was attached, sometimes after accelerating to about 140 km/h for a short period).

The car would stay deflated for varying periods of time then reflate for no apparent reason, sometimes after using the dial on the dash, other times it seemed to correct itself.

The dash indicator is of no use. Sometimes it indicates that the car is rising when it isn’t, sometimes it will show that the car is still on Automatic when it is actually on Allroad, sometimes the dial simply goes back to Automatic when Allroad is selected, and sometimes there is absolutely no indication of what the hell is happening.

Have searched the forum for similar issues but have not found any definitive solution.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:05 AM
1st Gear

Have you solved this problem?

Old 07-30-2019, 05:21 AM
1st Gear

Short answer is 'No'. The car has just stayed up in the Allroad position for the last three weeks, but last weekend it decided to drop to nothing (no suspension) after I did a short stretch at about 120 km/h. After that it didn't want to come up, despite doing all the things that should have activated the rise. While I was on the way home, slowly, I stopped to photograph a snake on the road. I was there for about five minutes with the motor running. When I went to drive on, the car was back up to the Allroad position!
Seems like computer/electrical fault to me, rather than something wrong with the airbags etc.
At this stage I can't afford to take it to the Audi dealership to see if they can fix it.