Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Touchy subject I know

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
4th Gear
Default Touchy subject I know

But I find this remark troublesome...

According to Time magazine, P Diddy said the following quote in regards to Obama's run for the presidency.

"I am definitely honored that a black man is running for the presidency, but to be honest, he has to do something for black people."

Shouldn't a President do something for Americans? Not just the blacks, whites, hispanics or others?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Touchy subject I know

Race has been an issue throughout american history and we all know that... you can say it has been "dealt with or handled"... yes there are laws and what not about discrimination... and diddy is right in that presidents need to do things for americans. black white yellow green purple gray... who cares about color... However, do i think it'll be perfect? honestly no.. everyone always has to have a problem with someone else. Diddy is right and things have to be done.. but not just for blacks. EVERYONE.. remember the little phrase "created equally"?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Administrator

Touchy response:

Now, understand, I'm neither advocating or denouncing his stance, but, it derives from the general feeling that 400+ years of being oppressed (those who have a different year-count are wlecome to their numbers, as I am to mine) should equate to some sort of tilt, to previde redress for 4+ centuries of said oppression. some feel the tilt needs to be slanted in the direction of those most egregiously affected; some feel the need is to UN-tilt the playing field FROM the direction of white, middle-class America.

You are ALL welcome to your own opinions about Sean Combs, his stance, Barrack Obama, and politics in general. I endevoured only to explain The gentelman in question's reason for saying what he said. MY position on this, and many, many other things, is a personal matter. I will tell what it is ONLY after you have swallowed a big, healthy load, so don't ask unless you do and will.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
5th Gear

i think everyone is getting too hung up on the candidates attributes instead of their characteristics. So many women will vote for Hillary just cause she's a woman, and so many black people are gona vote for Obama cause he's black...honestly WHO THE F^CK CARES!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Senior Administrator

*I* will vote for whichever candidate, from EITHER party, that has an Audi in their garage at home!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
4th Gear

good points and I agree - somewhat - with them...

but here's the rub - as soon as we drop the hyphens - perhaps some day we'll be more equal. But if, say Rush Limbaugh said "Guiliani has my vote - because he'll help whites better." all hell would break loose.

Race should never be made an issue and I felt his comment uncalled for. I personally hope he makes it - only to shake up the status quo mostly. Will prove to be a very interesting 4 years indeed.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Senior Administrator

If he DOES make it there'll be lots of openings with the SS, becauise they'll need about double the people, to protect him, huh?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:18 PM
3rd Gear

All the candidates havent proven anything to me yet. There all jokes

Old 11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
4th Gear

Sorta matters to me, Id rather a woman not run this country to be perfectly honest. And a black person at this time, with the current situation might not turn out so well..

I wouldn't doubt idiot raciest going out of there ways to attempt assassinations and such. Idk.. its gonna be interesting[&:]

(Thats very opinionated)[>:]

Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Black people are hilarious

Quick Reply: Touchy subject I know