Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

University Audi of Seattle shorted my electrical system in the car, Dont take your car there

Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM
1st Gear
Default University Audi of Seattle shorted my electrical system in the car, Dont take your car there

Hello guys, I am a new member from the PNW, I have two BMWs and have had a Mercedes before, now I own 2 BMWs and a Audi A4 99 with 29K miles, the car is in immaculate condition

recently I had the batter out for two days and my radio was locked after that, it showed SAFE on the radio

I called University Audi, and they said its 35 dollars when you bring the car in

I brought the car in and they said ist 50 dollars now, so I said ok but Barier Audi in Bellevue said 35 also, but I said its ok, the 50 is fine

An hour later I come back and they tell me, the tech that was working on my car used the prying tools on the radio to take it out, than pushed the tips in too far and shorted my electrical system in the car and the radio is toast just smoke coming out of it.

So the service advisor comes and tells me that, and than says if you pay 260 dollars for a new radio we will install it free, I said what you break it and I have to pay for it, are you serious, he said yeah Im serious.

So I say no way, I want to speak to the manager, the manager went home allready, he said call me tommorow and talk to the manager, I said ok and got in my car, well there is grease all over the interior beige seats, they put grease on my seats and just gave me the car like that.

So I call the next day the dealership and the Service advisor tells me, I talked to the manager and he said that there is nothing we can do about that, you will have to pay for the new radio.

I just said are you serious man, you short my electrical system, you fry my radio and you want me to buy a new one. Why dont you buy me the new radio and I will install it myself.

He said no, we can not do anything for you, I said give me the Audi of North America number and I will call them. I called Audi NA and they could not beleive what happened there with my service.

They at Audi NA said they will call me and let me know.

I will not name any names there or say anything about University Audi of Seattle untill I get to the end of this, after that I will let you guys know if University Audi of Seattle has maned up and fixed their mistake.

Ill keep you guys informed

Old 09-21-2007, 05:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: University Audi of Seattle shorted my electrical system in the car, Dont take your car there

Wow, that's horrible. I strongly prefer Barrier myself, with their clean new building and free car washes. If AoA doesn't make them fix their own problem, legal action would be the next step for sure.

PS: 29k on a '99?! Damn.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: University Audi of Seattle shorted my electrical system in the car, Dont take your car there

I'd be dropping an *** kicking on them. That's complete BS.

Even if they did fix it for free, I'd never ever go back to them for anything and I'd probably bash them everywhere I could.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Administrator

thats messed up, they break it and say u have to pay for it
but i do love the free install and the nice grease stain they left

Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 PM
3rd Gear

I would be beyond livid. What scumbags........ hope everything gets worked out for ya man.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
5th Gear

MaybeAoA willpay for the repairsandstill allow you to take it somewhere else so you don't end up with even more things gettingscrewed up by the same retards.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator

This is very rare for Uni to be like this with Customer Service..

Barrier is blacklisted in my book.. and a lot of other peoples.. they screw up cars badly!!

This is the first time I have heard of Uni having a problem like this. Did he explain to you why you would have to pay for it?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:16 AM
1st Gear

he said there might have been a problem before, the radio was maybe take out before and the clips pushed in too far, and when they put the tools in they pushed the tools in too hard and pushed the clips in to the radio

so I know the previous owner whom has hardly driven the car in the last 7 years, and the radio was never touched, and let alone take out, WHY, and in the end they still fried my radio WTF

I dont even know where they have the mindset to ask me to pay for something they break I could have imagined if they really screwed up the whole electrical system like the computer and the rest, what would they ask me to pay for that too

I dont understand, how is it that you break someones equipment, and than ask that person to pay you for that

it is trully unbeliveable, they did not even apologise the last time I talked to them, they just hang up on me, seriosly how can someone run their business like that

Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

and no I am afraid to go there also, even if they agreed to replace the radio, I would ask to install it myself, I do not trust those people at all

they just pretty much tossed me the keys and said to call the manager, I had to call 10+ times to get ahold of someone and left 3 messages.

This is seriously sad

Old 09-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Administrator

I wouldnt even deal with them anymore in regards to this issue. Just have AoA deal with it..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: University Audi of Seattle shorted my electrical system in the car, Dont take your car there