AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Vacations (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/vacations-179385/)

Audister2414 02-13-2012 03:13 PM

Vacations

I been looking at vacationing places to go to. All these travel sites make everything so appealing. So, I thought it might be cool if we could make a thread with ideas and places to go that are really nice. I trust ratings and suggestions from the Audi community who we can actually trust, rather then these still photos that make every place look nice and when you get there it's a dump. :)

xalents23 02-13-2012 04:19 PM

If you got the dough, Tahiti / Bora Bora is a very nice place to go to. I went here on my honeymoon and was blown away. Pricey but well worth it. If your vacationing by yourself this is not the place for singles in my opinion.

airguard350 02-13-2012 04:33 PM

Shameless plug -> My folks' cottage on Prince Edward Island. $1500 for a week, PM me for information. BUT, I have been to the Island other times and it is very nice and can serve all tastes. If you stay on the eastern side of the island is more rural and the western side has all the shops and whatnot. I love going there to escape.

esandes 02-13-2012 04:37 PM

what kind of vacation are you looking for? a sunny resort? or a hotel-based getaway?

Audister2414 02-13-2012 04:45 PM

I am up in the air on where-about. I just know I want it to be sunny and warm. Nice hotel or resort. I went to Atlantis a few years back. Want the same type of idea. Tons of stuff to see and explore. I just don't want to go back to the same place.

airguard350 02-13-2012 04:46 PM

Price Range? How far are you willing to travel?

M5S5 02-13-2012 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Audister2414 (Post 1364820)
I been looking at vacationing places to go to. All these travel sites make everything so appealing. So, I thought it might be cool if we could make a thread with ideas and places to go that are really nice. I trust ratings and suggestions from the Audi community who we can actually trust, rather then these still photos that make every place look nice and when you get there it's a dump. :)

How about Nantucket or Block Island? You would not have to travel that far & take a nice ferry ride to get there.

02A6Beau 02-13-2012 04:58 PM

did Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for my honeymoon. Definitely worth it. go all inclusive, that way you don't have to worry about anything. Close enough to the east coast that the flight isn't crazy long. lots of euro chicks with no hang ups about going topless on the beach (though a lot of them should not).

along with what xalents23 said, I'm not sure if it would be a good "single persons" vacation. I seem to recall there were "meat market" opportunities (night club/disco) but that wasn't really our scene.

esandes 02-13-2012 05:38 PM

check out an all-inclusive at samana, dominican replublic. there's a nice resort there but it allows kids and the beaches are public.

Audister2414 02-14-2012 09:37 AM

I'll be going with the girl. So, it's good it's not a singles place. I am looking to spend like 2000 flight and hotel. Hoping to get all-inclusive. I wanted to stay in the US but only cause I been to lazy to get my passport renewed.