AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   well my life just turned to shit. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/well-my-life-just-turned-shit-130485/)

Jc61990 04-21-2009 06:40 PM

well my life just turned to shit.

so earlier my dad tells me he got laid off. his job was the main source of income for our family. he made about 180k a year, and my mom makes 40k. so thats a huge loss.. they told me were selling my atv my dads atv. our extra truck. and possibly the house.. ive lived here my whole life. i may not have many friends but i dont want to leave.. they were saying my dad might have a job offer out west but the position may already be filled. so if he leaves his company were selling the house and moving to FL. i really hate my life.. i just recently got into a relationship. and i dont want to leave it behind.. my friends here are assholes so i dont mind leaving them.. im on the verge of loosing my own job. and im a few weeks away from graduating college. so pretty much i need to change my entire life.. so the audi needs to get sold once i know whats happening.. i need to look for jobs here and in florida. so all i have to say is FML.. :'(

Palindari™ 04-21-2009 07:00 PM

First off - that sucks. But honestly, things change, mate. Sorry to hear the economy got you and your dad.

Second, you're still young! Take it from me, it could be a crapload worse! Like you were just told you have incurable cancer or a death in the family. Tomorrow's another day and it sounds like your father is playing out his options smartly and you've got plenty in front of you.

Third, buck up. Get a job and finish out school. I know plenty who have done it without parental financial support - it's not as easy, but easily doable if you put your mind to it.

Best of luck and don't get yourself down due to a change in your lifestyle. It happens and as far as I can tell - 70% of the time it's for the better. :D

I know from first hand experience.

pa4ul 04-21-2009 07:38 PM

maybe it will be a change for the better. Things always work out my man. No worries.

kriptonik 04-21-2009 07:40 PM

I'm sorry to hear but always keep positive.

I believe things always happen for a reason. :)

Ky allroad 04-21-2009 09:32 PM

Household income of 220K a year and have to sell off all the toys as soon as the job goes? Ouch. Take a lesson from this and learn to live more within your means. I hope things work out for your family but as the others said, you're old enough now to take care of yourself. I hope you're studying something useful in college.

Amze 04-22-2009 12:12 AM

Welcome to everyone else's life dude..

My dad lost his six figure job over a year ago, ever since then moneys been tight. Parents got divorced around then as well, so moneys been tighter.

I've realized something, someone always has it worse than you... economy sucks.

Just hang in there, adjust, become a better person from it all. Learn.

airguard350 04-22-2009 12:17 AM

Take what you can get out of it. Adversity builds character. Puts hair on your chest. Just look at Chewbacca. His life wasn't easy and he got plenty of hair on his chest.

Jc61990 04-22-2009 12:45 AM

we dont need to sell the toys right away my parents just said we need to get rid of the things we dont use much that costs us money so they can pay off some bills.. my dad has a chance at his old old old position but its at like half the pay. and i really dont want to leave. i told a few of my friends today. and my gf. and they both didnt like the idea. well i really hope something turns up and i get to stay in NY. it may cost more here than it would in FL. but im not ready to start a new life, although i can go. i graduate college in may. majoring in computer science which i can probly find a job anywhere for that. i currently have a shit part time job at a grocery store which im likely to get fired soon or quit. things have just been getting worse and worse. it started with my mom almost loosing her job. she had to go down a few levels in her position if she wanted to keep her job. the idea is just what kills me. my parents told me starting tomorrow them and i have to look for jobs in FL and here. and soon.

redline380 04-22-2009 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Palindari™ (Post 1076200)
But honestly, things change, mate. Sorry to hear the economy got you and your dad.

i cant believe it but i am in complete agreement with you. :) Lets just say im a former employee of (as far as i know) the largest employer to go under this year; circuit city. im in the process of recovering but, hey, im only twenty, i got my whole life to do that.
my dad works for a paper mill here in town (more on this later) and he is very high up in seniority, i believe somewhere around around 30/500 and he recently got sent home for going over forty. i know its not gettin laid off like your pops, but yours is making 180k, mines doin, at best, 80k. if your dad was makin 180k, yah it may be a change of lifestyle, but at least im sure he could find work for a little less. it sucks that you gotta move to accomodate the change, but hey, life is a garden, dig it, make it work for ya.
as for the other half of my dad workin at the mill, well, thats where i work too, or at least during the summers, and im guessing im not gonna be able to go back this summer, and last summer, it paid for my car!
i know this recession sucks, but the guys in the Great Deression had it way worse. just be glad you aren't scrapin for food (at least i hope you aren't)

turbo kraut 04-22-2009 12:50 AM

i might have a small solution for you

email me about it
jrhoads63139@gmail.com