Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do in this situation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Administrator
Default What would you do in this situation?

hmm well this is an interesting one.. FYI my car is an 05 USP GTRS, has pretty much all the major stuff done to it.. except watermeth etc..

I take it to the dealership for service.. and am quoted at 1 hour for Lube Oil and Filter.. not too bad.. whatever I just dont want to do it myself right now.. car has 17k miles on it.. it also has a Forge ECU data monitor in the dash.. For those that dont know it is capable of reading just about everything you need to know.. it also stores your peak values of such things as boost.. engine speed... road speed.. etc.. right before i get out at the dealership to turn the keys over to the service advisor I reset these values and mark down my mileage. This way I can tell how fast the dealership had the car going.. and how high they revved the engine. Well 1 1/2 hours later I get the car back. I look at the display and tell it to display the readings the engine speed, and road speed.. hmm i say as I realize they had the revs up to 6520 and the speed up to 60mph.. seriously WTF? and then I look at the mileage and it has an extra 4 miles on it.. from where the car is sitting the service bay is only about 150 feet away.. So I walk in and ask the service advisor who drove the car. He says a tech did why? I replied with what need does he have revving the engine up that high and going 60mph.. he called the tech on the phone and asked him.. "did you take that car for a test drive?" the tech says no.. "did you have a reason to redline the car?", He says no again.. then he hangs up the phone and says.. "well, He doesnt have a good reason why" and gave me the managers phone number. What recourse do i have in this type of situation? Any suggestions? I mean seriously.. this was my first time at this dealership and they are out taking my car for joy rides. WTF?!?!? Am I over reacting to this?

Old 10-26-2006, 10:54 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: What would you do in this situation?

I'd call and talk to the manager. The tech lied and what if anything had gone wrong, do you think that dealership would fix it knowing your car is all modded up? The tech took your car for a joyride for his own pleasure, curious about how fast your car is....

Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 PM
3rd Gear

Your not over reacting at all. I would be just as upset as you. You should schedule a time to meet with the service manager in person and not over the phone. They have no right to drive your car when they are doing an oil change. Why would they test drive it? To make sure the oil is ok? I would demand my money back and never go there again. There is no way I could trust them after that. Other than that, there is really nothing you can do. I really hate the stealership. They are crooks and there is nothing that can be done about it. The guy probably took your car to get lunch or something. Sorry to hear about this. I would be really pissed.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Senior Administrator

^^^+1^^^

what he said. go in calm. stay that way unless the GM starts playin you for an okey-doke. if he goes THAT route let hm know that he's just lost a potential repeat customer. Then ask to speak to the OWNER of the joint. schedule a sit-down/confab with him, too. let HIM know what happened, and, more importantly HOW you know what happened, so he'll understand you're not just yanking his chain. Ask him, point-blank, what HE intends to do FOR YOU, if he expects you to EVER return to his stealership...

Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 AM
4th Gear

I would be pissed too. If you are going to take it further, meet with managers/owners, etc, be sure to have something that you want them to do already in your head as a form of redress. I mean, the question is going to come up - "What do you want us to do?" If your answer is "Don't let your techs drive customers' cars and I'm never coming here again!", then why bother with doing any of it? If you do think of something that you really want them to do and think you can get them to do it, then go for it. What can they do for you?

Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 AM
5th Gear

dude Id be pissed go in there and talk to the manager

Old 10-27-2006, 03:02 AM
5th Gear

ya i'd be even more pissed than you are and go in there like raging lol. but ya just go in their calm and talk to the manager/owner and ask wut he'll do to make this up

Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[:@] damn stealerships... I got the car back last week & as i was putting in some window washer fluid -
I notced they had left a vice grip clamped to some hose by my wheel well.. sheesh.

Good luck - I hope the service manager / owner etc. take care of you.. keep us posted !

Old 10-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Administrator

that sucks karl
hey there was a stealership that crashed an S4 in socal

Old 10-27-2006, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear

And people wonder why dealerships get a bad rap.. Go in calm and let them know this is a serious matter. Your cas was driven un authorized and it was abused and then you were lied to about it. I would also mention that you will be filing a formal complaint with the BBB and any other local agency that oversees dealerships.

Quick Reply: What would you do in this situation?