Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

worst speeding ticket youve gotten

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 02:42 AM
1st Gear
Default worst speeding ticket youve gotten

whats the worst speeding ticket youve gotten and what happend to you?

i just got a 78 in a 50 mph zone. i just came off the freeway and was slowing down but the cop still came after me. Going to court for it.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:53 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: worst speeding ticket youve gotten

i had a speeding ticket for going 75 on 101 in northern cali, which i don't even consider speeding since it's like i dunno, 5 lanes across each way, and the speed limit is 65..... but i saw the cop come down from the overpass as i went pass (it was up by santa rosa somewhere), and he wrote on my ticket and argued with me that i was tailgating.... who in their right mind would tailgate a cop? surely not me, but that's what he wrote on my ticket, even after i repeatedly told him i watched him get on the highway from the ramp, he told me he "ramped me" which i know he didn't, there were like 10 cars on the road at the time of day i was driving, then he made a huge point that if the ticket didn't come in the mail within the next 3 weeks, i would get another fine for not paying it.... of course it did'nt come, so i had to give them a call about it..... he said the ticket didn't exist and he must have lost it so to forget about it, 2 weeks later i get a call from him personally that he had found it, it was under his seat, it was like a 200 dollar ticket, ugh... but it's finally off my record..... it was really annoying though.... i should have fought it, but i would have had to drive back up there to do so, so it wasn't worth it

Old 07-13-2005, 03:00 AM
5th Gear

worst ticket i've gotten...78 (i think) in a 65...went to court and the pig didn't show up...CASE DISMISSED, BITCH!

worst thing i've been pulled over for....135 in a 35 (on a crazy desolate farm road out in the cuts)........the cop didn't want to deal with arresting me, and i convinced him that i didn't know how to open up the seat to get the reg. and insurance info ...a little trick i learned from a buddy of mine...let me go, scott free!

Old 07-13-2005, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

Bentframe.... explain... I haven't heard of this before!

Worst experience for me... I was riding my ZX6R down a dark straight road @ 2am... I see headlights in the other lane coming my direction. I'm going a solid 75 in a 55. The car passes and jacks its brake. Uh oh... COP. I drop it down 2 gears and jet to 140mph. Cop is looooong gone. But I look back, and see that he is still coming after me in the distance.

Instead of killing myself, I slow down and go EXACTLY the speed limit (35mph at this time). He tails me for 5 mins, and pulls me over. I still had a Cali license from when I lived there... I show him that, he laughs... says... "WHOA, I USED TO LIVE IN SAN DIEGO TOO... HAVE A GOOD NIGHT" and lets me go. BOO YAH!

Note to self: ALWAYS HOLD ONTO MY OUT OF STATE LICENSE hahaha

Old 07-13-2005, 03:29 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: sir_daft

Bentframe.... explain... I haven't heard of this before!
it probably would make more sense if i mentioned that this was on my gixxer...the rear seat opens up via a keyhole underneath the rear subframe...my friend got pulled over and really didn't know how to open it (didn't know about the keyhole)..so i used that excuse (no insurance + no registration + many, many traffic charges including at least one felony = way too much paperwork for a lazy pig)

Old 07-13-2005, 04:14 AM

I have only ahd one an dit was for 73 in a 55. I was really going 85 but hit teh braes when i saw teh cop and he got me at that. Oo well traffic school was fun. IN there one guy told me that he had a 360 modena (saw in the parking lot later hwne i was talking to him) and he got a ticket for 185 on the toll road we have up here (same place i hit 155 in my stang). haha thats so crazy but he was going to traffic school for a normal one like 12 oer or something.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:18 AM
3rd Gear

The worst one I ever received was in Blighty. 34 in a 30 zone, just days after being pulled over for doing 105 in a lapped out old astra! 4 mph over! I wouldn't mind if I was screaming along...

Old 07-13-2005, 04:32 AM

they cant do that radar isnt that acurate.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:39 AM
1st Gear

never had a ticket...*knocks on wood*

Old 07-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Site Moderator

68 in a 35. Passing an off duty sherrif while a local cop was coming the other way... I was fubared

Quick Reply: worst speeding ticket youve gotten