AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   WTF Gas is over $3.00/gal?! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/wtf-gas-over-%243-00-gal-29873/)

99a4audi 04-23-2006 09:01 PM

RE: WTF Gas is over $3.00/gal?!

for LA thats cheap

coloradoA8 04-24-2006 10:07 PM

$2.89 in Colorado Metro Areas.
Rupert Murdoch said it best "the best thing to come out of Iraq's war would be $20.00 per barrel" and he is right.
The worst thing is that with the right goverment and infrastructure every single person in that entire country could be wealthy becuase of the oil resources.

pturbo 04-24-2006 10:25 PM

Time to start punchin some holes in Alaska and the Gulf and build some freakin refineries(and repair hurricane damaged rigs and refineries). That will increase supply eventually. We see supply and demand at work here.

I'll be all for cars that run on fuel made of sugar or corn or whatever, but until then, let's quit pretending like the problem is something other than our own unwillingness to increase supply as best we can. We should not expect OPEC or anyone else to artificially lower prices against their own interests. The commodity speculators drove the prices up due to increased demand and there is no end in sight as to how long and how how that can go. Can you say $4.75 in July? :(

coloradoA8 04-24-2006 10:31 PM

The Oil companies act like America has magically had this huge influx of demand on the roads who are thirsty for fuel, I can prove BS all day long there.
It does not work that way, Look at each and every oil companies stock returns and company dividends and you will see why we are at $3 per gallon.
That merger sure was good for America huh? Not!

dan 04-24-2006 10:38 PM

I said this last time the prices hiked up like this, all that it'd take to lower the prices drastically would be for the US gov to announce they are going to begin building their own refineries to supply the public with a decent prices solution for fuel.

I'd bet my right nut if they did that the current gas companies would drop their prices by half overnight. But this will never happen, the oil and gas companies pay too much to the politicians to ensure they don't do something nasty like this.

coloradoA8 04-24-2006 10:45 PM

Even at $90.00 a barrel with one more refinery in California, Texas and Gulf Coast you could sell for under $1.50
I had a chance to sit with a oil and gas refinery tycoon at a new years eve party a few months ago, and he told me quite a lot of information
that the public woud be outraged if they knew. Those old wild turkeys I kept filling up his glass with really acted like truth syrum.
His wife was pretty cool to my wife and he felt comfortable telling me some amazing stuff.

pturbo 04-24-2006 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: coloradoA8

Even at $90.00 a barrel with one more refinery in California, Texas and Gulf Coast you could sell for under $1.50
I had a chance to sit with a oil and gas refinery tycoon at a new years eve party a few months ago, and he told me quite a lot of information
that the public woud be outraged if they knew. Those old wild turkeys I kept filling up his glass with really acted like truth syrum.
His wife was pretty cool to my wife and he felt comfortable telling me some amazing stuff.
oh please. do tell. :eek:

pturbo 04-24-2006 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: coloradoA8

The Oil companies act like America has magically had this huge influx of demand on the roads who are thirsty for fuel, I can prove BS all day long there.
Can you also prove that there has been no increase in demand for oil from China, India and other parts of the world?

coloradoA8 04-25-2006 12:20 AM

I live in America and that's what effects 99% of the members on this board.
Yes supply is way up in India and China just as steel and concrete are, Look at the historic costs of oil per barrel and pump price, it does not match does it?
Your first post fooled me into thinking you are sincere but the second proves your just and idiot!
What is $70 - $20 ? Wow that's good margin for oil companies. What's your wise crack now pal?
Thought so nothing!
Put this one into your brain guy, Oil was down to $23.00 per barrel in 2003 and the pump price was $1.52 per gallon, so with a 2.6% increase of useage per year
shouldn't our pump prices today be around $4.50 per gallon using your "supply and demand theory" ??? Is this a little over your head now?
Put that in your Cake Hole and eat it.

16w/A4 04-25-2006 01:26 AM

almost 3.30 for premium (91)