AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   your suggestions, por favor... (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/your-suggestions-por-favor-8856/)

BFlan2001 04-21-2005 03:01 AM

your suggestions, por favor...

i might know a guy who knows a guy that can get awesome deals on audio equipment....i want bass, but i just want more punch...hopefully jared is gonna hook me up with his custom box..hopefully....but i'm gonna have one ten and a small-med size amp..anywhere from 250-700...what do you guys suggest? i want clean, punchy bass...

JValentine13 04-21-2005 03:55 AM

RE: your suggestions, por favor...

ireally depends on the sub and amp. but it is possible.

PandaXpress 04-21-2005 04:05 AM

i like JLs good quality stuff

BFlan2001 04-21-2005 04:37 AM

i haven't had a system for almost 3 years, so i'm not up on the new sh!t at all....jl, ba, kicker, mtx, alpine, pioneer, rf, jbl, kenwood, orion, audiobahn, you guys have any opinions, good or bad, about any of these (again, i'm getting a 300-600x1 with one 10)

BFlan2001 04-21-2005 05:16 AM

spence, dave, tom???? help me out my ni$$ers

EDIT: panda's back, i know you got something to add here panda...:)

ssbogger 04-21-2005 01:05 PM

Really depends on what you want. You say you want more of a punch than a boom. This can normally be achieved by messing with the box. I.E. a ported box will give you more boom while a sealed one gives you more punch. I just sold my 4runner and I had 2 kicker L7 12's in it. They were nice and loud. I had a pretty good experience with them. If you're gonna be putting 300-600W into one 10 I imagine its gonna be a pretty nice one. You can never go wrong with JL's. With that much wattage you'd probably want a W6 or if you got the money up the wattage and get a W7. Ive got a buddy who has 3 W6 10's he needs to get rid of. He took two out of his truck and we were building a box to put all three in but he sold his truck before we ever got a chance to put them in. So he has one that is brand new just out of the box though. I'm sure he might part with that one.
Whatever you do you can alway trust the big names. Maybe go pick up a car audio mag and look at reviews. Or search google for something like "sub reviews" or something along those lines.

Krule 04-21-2005 01:13 PM

i would suggest either Kicker or JL, this one dude next to my office he has a 10' Kicker sub and a 900 watt amp in a Explorer omg does that sh!t kick or what, i can hear him coming down the main road

CheckMyVitals 04-21-2005 05:00 PM

i don't know dick about sound systems :)

i know i'll be talking to shokington when the time comes for me

Krule 04-21-2005 05:04 PM

well keep em shut then................. hahahahha[sm=shutup.gif]

BFlan2001 04-21-2005 05:06 PM

see, krule, that's what i don't want...the deep bass that resonates and makes you look foolish on the road....i want a clean, punchy bass....

ssbogger, thanks for the input...i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with the w6...do you know if your buddy has the w6v1 or the w6v2? i might be interested if he's selling it for a good price...so you're saying the amp is less important than the sub in regards to sound quality? i'm still researching amps, but i'm not finding too many helpful reviews..