Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zombies

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Exclamation Zombies

And not the forum kind, either. We're talking about real undead, here. The threat is very real, my friends and we need to come to the realization that the police and military will be powerless against them. They don't believe that hordes of the undead roaming the streets are a credible threat. They don't have any sort off training to fend off even a small-scale outbreak, so it is up to you, citizen, to fight for yourself!

Here are some basic survival tips for a zombie outbreak. Put them to good use, and you just might live to tell your kids about it.

A zombie outbreak will happen and spread quickly so you always need to be on your toes. If you do hear of an outbreak, don't stay put! That's the worst thing you can do, unless you live in someplace secure like a bunker or fallout shelter. Staying in your home with it's fragile glass windows not only makes you a prime target for the groaning mob, but for other survivalists as well. People, both living and undead, will be your enemy. Trust no one, share your supplies with no one, and kill first before you become their target. Always avoid places where you know people will gather. Hospitals are right out, because people always think medicine will save them. Stay away from emergency services, police and fire as well, because unprepared people will flock to them looking for some untrained cop to save their ***. And don't, under any circumstance, go to church. God, Allah, Buddha, and the magical elephant won't help you. Chances are, they released the zombies on you because they hate humanity. A church has no supplies and is a horrible tactical mistake. What you want to do is gather your supplies, get a SMALL group of people and head north. The colder the better.

For supplies you need to be able to move light and fast, but you need to defend yourself when the time arises. You want warm clothes that you can move in and wont' slow you down when it starts getting hot out. You need food but not a months supply in your back, as there is a lot of edible things to eat out on the trail. If you have a car, that's awesome to load up, but make sure you can keep finding gas. When the world is in chaos, you can't just pull up to Sunoco and say 'fill 'er up and give me some zombie repellent while you're at it.' Your best bet for vehicles is stealing a military transport. The multi-fuel engines run on virtually anything that's liquid and can combust (paint thinner, high-proof liquor, gas/diesel, jet fuel, anything) so if you can find one, take it. You also never need to worry about keys. However, a big, slow moving truck is going to be a prime target for other survivors so be ready to defend it. Guns are great, but they are heavy and so is ammunition. Guns should only be used in an emergency or when you need to defend yourself against living people. Blunt instruments are perfect to use to smash skulls in, but don't let them get too close to you. Swords aren't as good a weapon if you don't have any training with it. Not everyone can pick up a sword and start lopping heads off, and when it dulls from being tossed about and hit against bone, trees, buildings and such, it's going to be useless. A bow is a very good option since it's quiet and the arrows can be reused. Hell, if you know what you're doing, you can even make your own.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 AM
2nd Gear

Great write up! I especially like the part about heading north everyone knows zombies dont like the cold, or at least they arent smart enough to dress warm and not get frozen. I know of an Island on a lake in Up State NY that I think would be the perfect defensable position. Can zombies swim or do they sink and walk along the bottom to get to you?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:19 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

It's not that the zombies don't like the cold, they can't produce heat of their own so they will just freeze. Since they don't need oxygen, they can walk underwater. They aren't coordinated enough to swim, and lucky for us, rotting corpses float pretty well so, if you're on an island it's a great place to be.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Zombie Defense Force

clx where are you going in an attack? im liking up with you and bringing a lot of .45 ammo and .308

Old 12-12-2008, 11:28 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

My final destination is Nova Scotia, so, if anyone wants to join up with me, you know where I'll be heading. My girl operates amature radio so, I'll provide frequencies and junk to be in communication before the blackout.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
4th Gear

hmmm... good safety tip! they ain't gonna kill themselves are they?

but if they did, would that be necrocide?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
3rd Gear

Would I be safe in a blimp? There not smart enough to try and knock it out of the sky are they?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:56 AM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Nova scotia it is thatrs a long haul from So. Cal But I am sure the Audi will take me there. On a amap it's only like 4 inches I bet I could make that on a tank of gas.

Can we bring explosives to blow up any bridges if they get to powerful?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

There's no real point to blowing up a bridge, a sideways bus would be sufficient to block it. Most zombies wont even make it up stairs

Old 12-12-2008, 12:47 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Well fine if you want to be boring about it, how about we rig the bus to explode so when they stack up on the bus we can disintegrate them.

Quick Reply: Zombies