Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

SCCA Colorado Rallycross

Old 10-22-2014, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

It’s that time of the year again where like Semisonic once said it’s “Closing time, Time for you to go out to the places you will be from. So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits I hope you have found a friend. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.” This has been another amazingly fast year filled with lots of competitions between old rivals and new ones causing all sorts of shifts in the leader boards, fun filled days with old friends and frustrating days where nothing seems to click. This year also saw the first new site to the CO-RX line up since PPIR joined the map many years ago at Rocky Mountain AutoSports no longer secrete test track. But don’t worry all good things aren’t at an end just yet, we still have 1 more event on Saturday November 1st at Colorado Off Road Extreme. So as you know, registration is already open and get ready to send this year off with a bang!

On a side note, this will also be my last full year as Series Chairman since I took the program over from Ryan Gates back in the summer of 2011. I would like to thank everyone for their patience during the steep learning curve in the 1st year as well as all of the continued help from people like Haenny, Kilpatrick, Adams, the Millers, Lightfoot, Genack and Zlamany who never had to be asked but simply saw gaps that needed to be filled and took care of it. There are many reasons I don’t want to let the program go and it’s been a tough decision but one that I’ve been considering for the past year and a half simply from being too worn out from being on site at 6am to setup course, falling into the drivers meeting, to Safety then a brief hour of playtime while scarfing down my lunch so I can have the course turned around just in time before going back to safety, packing it all up and hopefully being gone by 5:30 or 6, then the endless of other weekly items that come up in between events. With that said I’d like to start looking for my replacement(s) as Series Chairman, Course Designer, Safety Steward, “Webmaster” as well as someone other than Haenny/Tommy/Myself as the equipment manager/bus driver. While many people come to mind I would prefer that someone volunteer because those are the ones who have the biggest passion for the group. I would also like to ask that they do so before the beginning of next season, that way instead of me just handing it all over and walking away I could at least be there to help my successor through a full season.

Last edited by ryolse; 10-23-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 AM
1st Gear

As of now the Nationals date is officially unofficial, meaning date and site are known but contracts aren't signed until later this month. Unfortunately after many talks we've lost the RMA site and I'm sure most of you know and understand why. PPIR is signed and booked, and while CORE is also set there will be some adjustments once USTDS gets back with me. Once USTDS does get back with me then it's just a matter of telling CORE the adjusted dates, getting paper work from both sites and pushing it off to the fine folks in Kansas to give us our official approval, then the schedule will be released to the masses.

In other news, mark your calendars for Sunday February 15th at 3pm for the awards party which will be held at the Waterton Tavern in Roxborough. Everyone is invited regardless if they've never been to an event or just seem to never go away. It'll be a buffet styled food trough and will be priced around $10-$15 per person which will be collected the day of, drinks will also be paid for on your own. A more "formal" reminder will be going out to those who have hardware to pick up from their dedicated work during the 2014 season.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

Greatings to all of you dusty nuts, time to take the covers off your cars because the 2015 Colorado hosted event Schedule is now posted! Please note that I said "Colorado Hosted events", that's because if I were to tell anyone the location and date of the National Championship site I would behanged, drawn and quartered and what's left of undestroyed limbs would be placed on display at all of the National Challenge sites to make a point you don't break their rules. I can tell you that it will officially, unofficially take place in August. Also, as of right now the Continental Divide Region (CDR) National Challenge site will be hosted by our neighbors in Utah at either Miller Motorsports Park or in Grand Junction. Yes you read correctly the Utah hosted event might take place in Grand Junction Colorado, don't ask. Once more information on both of these National events is available it will announced both here, Facebook, all of the normal forums "we're" on and the schedules will also be adjusted.

Also just a reminder the awards party is coming up fast on Sunday February 15th at 3pm which will be held at the Waterton Tavern in Roxborough. Everyone is invited regardless if they've never been to a event or just seem to never go away, all ages are also invited however you must be 21 or older to enjoy the "adult" drinks. It'll be buffet styled food and will be priced around $10-$15 per person which will be collected the day of, drinks will also be paid for on your own. A more "formal" reminder has gone out to those who have hardware to pick up from their dedicated work during the 2014 season. The addresses were used from your most recent pre-registration, so if you haven't received one by now then it's a good hint you should update your information next year when you pre-register for events.

As always check out www.ColoradoRallyCross.org or our Facebook Group Page

Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

I hope you have all had a great winter off and are excited for the 2015 Colorado RallyCross season which is just days away. The season kicks off with the Test-N-Tune/School day on Saturday March 21st followed by the first point’s event on Sunday March 22nd. Registration is currently open on our website for the first point’s event, and please go to our Facebook event page if you wish to attend the school as a student and select “going”.

Last edited by ryolse; 03-09-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

With a record breaking first event in the books, the second of eleven events is coming up fast on Saturday April 18th at the US Truck Driving School in Fountain. This season has kicked off with everyone being upset with Peter having a new shell but same fast parts as years before and lots of AWD guys moving to RWD making a sure fight for them on the marbled surface. Pre-Registration is still open until the night of the 16th, so save yourself course walking time by filling out the paper work now.

We also have a survey available on our website under the "Community" tab to help us understand what you as a competitor would like to see less or more of.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

It's time to finally warm up and get out of this cold snowy weather. And what better way to do so then in the company of friends, sideways cars and rooster tails? The next event is coming up quick and will be held on the lower course at CORE this coming Sunday! So go get your preregistration on to help you and us save time from doing paper work that could be spent hanging out with friends and doing course walks.