Ride Of The Month This section contains all nomination and voting threads and information, ONLY. See Rules before nominating or voting!
View Poll Results: A poll
jestnomen
44.00%
fouoheight68
22.00%
redgoat
6.00%
black991,8tq
28.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

July Voting!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:11 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: July Voting!!

I didnt mean to give the wrong impression, i just think its bullshit that someone can buy a car already done and then have 42post and get on a for car of the month of the forum, its just not right.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Site Moderator

why is it not right? he is a member - you think only veterans of the forum can be nominated? Doesn't matter if the guy mods it himself or if he bought it that way - still a nice car. Having somone install a new exhaust on your car is no different than buying a car that someone already put on it. Having somone install and balance new wheels and tires on your car is no different than buying a car that already has them. We are not voting on the person - we are voting on the car.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

Thats great, Thanks for your input.. it will by dully noted. Kthanksdie.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: brrman

why is it not right? he is a member - you think only veterans of the forum can be nominated? Doesn't matter if the guy mods it himself or if he bought it that way - still a nice car. We are not voting on the person - we are voting on the car.
u make a good point brrman

Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM
4th Gear

I guess we just see things from a dif perspective, its all good. And brrman, what is ur deal with me? I have never done/said one thing mean to/about you. I just thought someone that was around the forum a lil longer then 42post should be nominated,and someone that put the time in. Thats all, i wasnt sayin veterns members only, just someone thats been around a lil bit, thats all.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Site Moderator

With you? I have no deal with you, audiboy1618. I have no deal with anyone. You seem to think I am getting personal. I just lay it out the way I see it.

But you gotta understand - WE (that being mods or admins) DONT NOMINATE people. You guys nominate people. If you wanted someone else nominated, then you have to nominate them. The point of it is that anyone can get nominated, and only the top few get put up for voting. So if only a few people are taking part in the process, then you are going to get unmodified cars in the running. The more people participate, the more interesting the voting will be - and likely more of the commoners will be involved.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

I see your point and i agree, but i think there should be some guidelines as to who can get nomimated, it shouldnt just be anyone and there brother can do it. People that deserve to win are people like Tom(which he has), he has put countless hrs into his car, and has put his time in here on the forums helping people, and has the fastest car here. Again, just my 02.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:55 AM

well wtf when does the nominating start for Augest I will nominate your car for sure Ross just let me know as long as there are no stocks cars in that list we will be fine I completey agree with you Ross this is B/S

Old 06-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Site Moderator

lol - you have to watch this forum section. Patrick will announce nomination time for august (normally after July RotM has been chosen).
The more people get into the nominations, the more our modified cars and hard working members will be rewarded.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator

for the record....you are required to have an AF gallery to be nominated.

Quick Reply: July Voting!!