RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

Prospective RS4 (B7) Buyer with questions from owners

Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Default Prospective RS4 (B7) Buyer with questions from owners

Hi everyone,

First time poster here and a prospective Audi owner in the next 4-6 months or so. I'll admit I haven't quite decided on which model I'm definite on but its currently a toss up between the TT-S, RS4, and S5 (yes I know all very different).

In regards to the RS4 however, the used market at the moment appears to be a pretty sweet thing. Im seeing quite a number of available RS4's with low mileage hovering between 50-60k. Although some have almost 40k miles and are still relatively expensive for some reason (e.g. same price as another RS4 with much less than half of that # of miles). In any case, my question to you owners is what are some things I need to consider when looking at the RS4? Some questions I have are as follows:

1 - Maintenance. Beyond the regular service at designated intervals, what is the typical reliability when it comes to the engine/trans/electrical systems? Is there a very high potential of frequent costly repairs (this points to overall build quality I suppose)?

2 - Dealerships in SoCal - Any suggestions on where I might want to go for a GOOD dealership in SoCal? Im willing to drive 50+ if they treat you like a god

3 - Any issues with specific years? First year just as reliable as second year?

Thats its for now I suppose. Hope to hear some honest responses from some more seasoned owners if you're around too

Thanks very much!