RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS4 drc recall, need feedback

Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 AM
1st Gear
Default RS4 drc recall, need feedback

What's up, my RS4 has drc recall for suspension, but I am looking for feedback from other RS4 owners who have had this service done. Want to make sure I won't be back asking for my old parts back... all feedback welcome!

Attached Thumbnails RS4 drc recall, need feedback-imag0032.jpg  
Old 08-10-2010, 02:06 AM

Audi did the same thing for the 2003 RS6 as it had similar issues. I asked our techs if they've seen the RS6s come back after the update for suspension issues and nothing has come back.

Have you had your carbon build-up checked lately?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RS4 drc recall, need feedback

Heard about it, have not checked. Is it a dealer job, or can I get it done cheaper? Thanks!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by techie_rs4
Heard about it, have not checked. Is it a dealer job, or can I get it done cheaper? Thanks!
If your car qualifies you'll get it done for free... can't beat free!

Plunk your VIN here and see what happens

Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM

My 03 RS6 went in w/shock problems three or four (can't recall now) times. I had more than one shock replaced and still had leaking issues. I finally ended up pitching the pos DRC (Demon Riddled Catastrophe) for KW's and Hotchkiss bars.

Audi finally did a recall on the DRC of the RS6. I figured it was a long shot, but I went ahead and submitted my suspension upgrades to Audi. To my surprise they reimbursed me. This was just under a year ago.

Keep ALL your paperwork so you have records of the issues.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

If you had it done a while ago, the new parts were the same as the old ones. The campaign (recall) shocks are revised pieces that have had improvements done to eliminate the leakage problem. Did my first one last week.........Make sure the tech that does the recall has watched the fill/bleed video and passed the assesment test on-line that explains how to use the latest fill tool properly.

Yes, Audi is usually pretty good about reembursing customers who replaced something (no matter what it is) that later gets a campaign opened, provided you have documentation that is.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

Yeah... that's kinda what I thought, they try to be helpful but something is always not right after repair. Think I will ride mine out until they give me issues... if they ever do.

Thanks for the info, nice R8. Just got my RS4 and lovin life!

Last edited by techie_rs4; 08-12-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RS4 suspension nightmare

Took my 2007 rs4 in for the suspension recall 7/28--today (8/28) is my one month anniversary and I STILL DON'T HAVE IT BACK-I got it for a few days but a sensor light came on at random so they decided to replace the sensor in one of the wheels. One week later they still can't make the computer recognize the new sensor. I love the car but this is absurd: Since January this year, it's been in the dealers for 12 weeks and counting . . . The first 8 weeks was how long it took them to replace the front suspension after some bozo hit an outturned front wheel and trashed it while the car was parked. They did replace one of the shocks at that time, meaning that the current four weeks is how long its taken for three shocks. (The recall letter does warn that replacing the shocks is a complex job that can take 5 hours . . )

Last edited by pokane; 08-30-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
1st Gear

Had the DRC fully replaced on my RS4 about a month ago, the car was at the dealer's for four days. No issues so far, but will post if that changes.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 AM
1st Gear

Dropped my 07 RS4 at Audi Rochester on 09/13 - I should know to day what the status is. I am being told that there is more on the recall sheet than just the DRC. I will post back with my results. My car had just over 70k. So I am pretty excited to get a new suspension. However I never seemed to have issues with the older set up. Cross your fingers!

Chip

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS4 drc recall, need feedback