RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

RS4 Woes Chapter II

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:59 AM
1st Gear
Default RS4 Woes Chapter II

The first problem occurs around 22K the car now has about 25K on it.

First: Suspension issue car spends about 3-4weeks waiting for parts/install. I drive the car about 6 weeks, and my check engine light goes on.
Second: Cylinder head flaking issue. Car spends over 3 months in shop. I am not kidding. First trying to diagnose the problem then waiting about 2 months for a new block. It was recieved damaged. Waited another month for a second block to arrive.
Third: Driving my car six weeks since the repair. Check engine light. It is an issue with the spark plugs. 1 week to repair.
Fourth: I am in the dealership picking my car up with its new plugs. I start it up and the check engine light goes on. I never leave the parking lot of the dealership. I get the news a few hours later, it is a "cylinder head flaking problem" and I need a whole new engine. I have no idea how long it will take.

My question: Do I just hand the keys to the dealer tell them to buy out my lease and congratulate them on their new car? Do I ask for a new RS4 (are there any left?) Do I wait it out and see what happens?

So far, I have spent AT LEAST 4 months driving the dealership loaner cars. Not my RS4. I have reached a new level of pissed off that I have never reached before.

Audi felt bad enough to reimburse me for about three months of my lease. But it didn't take care of my car insurance or my Sirius radio. Any ideas on my next step?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Panther53
The first problem occurs around 22K the car now has about 25K on it.

First: Suspension issue car spends about 3-4weeks waiting for parts/install. I drive the car about 6 weeks, and my check engine light goes on.
Second: Cylinder head flaking issue. Car spends over 3 months in shop. I am not kidding. First trying to diagnose the problem then waiting about 2 months for a new block. It was recieved damaged. Waited another month for a second block to arrive.
Third: Driving my car six weeks since the repair. Check engine light. It is an issue with the spark plugs. 1 week to repair.
Fourth: I am in the dealership picking my car up with its new plugs. I start it up and the check engine light goes on. I never leave the parking lot of the dealership. I get the news a few hours later, it is a "cylinder head flaking problem" and I need a whole new engine. I have no idea how long it will take.

My question: Do I just hand the keys to the dealer tell them to buy out my lease and congratulate them on their new car? Do I ask for a new RS4 (are there any left?) Do I wait it out and see what happens?

So far, I have spent AT LEAST 4 months driving the dealership loaner cars. Not my RS4. I have reached a new level of pissed off that I have never reached before.

Audi felt bad enough to reimburse me for about three months of my lease. But it didn't take care of my car insurance or my Sirius radio. Any ideas on my next step?
Contact a Lemon Law Attorney as you might have a legitimate case to have your car deamed a LEMON. You will get every payment, downpayment you put down, back. Check the Lemon law for the state you live in as it varies from state to state I believe. I went this route with a 2001 A6 4.2 and won the case (this was in Wisconsin).

From memory I believe there were two main criteria for a car to be deemed a LEMON. One was in the shop for the SAME issue 4 times without resolution (the issue you're having has to affect drivability of the car which your case does). The second was if the car was in the shop for 30 consecutive days for a major drivability issue (yours qualifies for this). Just from my memory of the LEMON law you seem to qualify under the second scenario. Trus me it's well worth looking into it because Lemon law attorney's only get paid when you win your case and with the Lemon law their fee's are paid on top of you getting all of your cost back. Again there are slight variations from state to state I believe but I encourage you to at least look into the LEMON LAW.

Last edited by Midwestuser44; 01-26-2009 at 04:48 PM.