Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > S Car Model Line
04 S4 B6.  Turn nob near the headlight switch.. What is this? >

04 S4 B6. Turn nob near the headlight switch.. What is this?

S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

04 S4 B6. Turn nob near the headlight switch.. What is this?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
1st Gear
Default 04 S4 B6. Turn *** near the headlight switch.. What is this?

Ok, so that turn *** near the head light switch looks like it keeps the lights on for a particular time when you shut off the car. I have messed with it and it keeps doing different things and I can't seem to figure it out. I have the manual but it is not mentioned anywhere in the owners manual at all, and I looked thoroughly.

Can somebody tell me how this works and what each setting is for? I notice a little timer looking symbol around it so is that referring to time?

The little *** to the bottom right of the picture.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 AM
1st Gear

Could be wrong but is that the DRL control?

Old 12-22-2008, 01:23 PM

This might be completely wrong, but could it be the **** to toggle the lights staying on after you turn off/leave the car. Looks like a timer w/ lights, I know some cars allow you to leave the lights on for like 15 or 30 seconds so you can be safe at night. I have no idea for sure, but just judging by the picture that would be my guess.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:59 PM

It's a **** to adjust your top speed. Thats a pic of a speedometer by it.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

Its a switch to leave your fog lights and tail lights on at night for a minute. they come on when you press unlock on your key and when you open your door getting out of your car. i have mine set at 1 with the button pushed in. Its a nice feature to have imo.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RED_01 View Post
It's a **** to adjust your top speed. Thats a pic of a speedometer by it.
Holy crap I just did 300mph with that thing turned on, it rocks.

Originally Posted by Herns4 View Post
Its a switch to leave your fog lights and tail lights on at night for a minute. they come on when you press unlock on your key and when you open your door getting out of your car. i have mine set at 1 with the button pushed in. Its a nice feature to have imo.
Yeah I saw it doing that. One time it left the lights on for a good 3-5 minutes I swear. They went off eventually. I see it's just on or off now. It's pretty cool I like that.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by 986Jim View Post
Holy crap I just did 300mph with that thing turned on, it rocks.
Sorry man, I couldn't resist.
I wish the B5 had a timer like that.

Last edited by RED_01; 12-23-2008 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 PM

Anyone else out there have trouble with the fog and tail lights staying ON after you arm? They normally turn off on my '04 B6 30 seconds after I arm it, but now it will stay on occasionally. No bueno.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 PM
2nd Gear

How long do they stay on? I have mine set for at least a min maybe even two. But do they eventually turn off? I'd try adjusting the timer ****.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:48 AM

My stay on for a minute with that thing set on. My only problem is that if I'm out somwwhere, some ****** invariably comes up to me and says "hey, man, you left your lights on".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 S4 B6. Turn nob near the headlight switch.. What is this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.