AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   S Car Model Line (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/)
-   -   2003 Allroad KO3 in a S4 B5 Help needed (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/2003-allroad-ko3-s4-b5-help-needed-187155/)

A4S4Detroit 09-09-2012 04:34 PM

2003 Allroad KO3 in a S4 B5 Help needed

I recently blew the passenger side turbo on my S4. I found a good set of KO3 from a 2003 Allroad and after having them a week and getting ready to put the car back together I remixed the exhaust side is different. My question is does the Allroad KO3 flow better with the larger exhaust side. Should I order downpipes to match the allroad ko3 or should I save the money and just swap out the exhaust side from my originals and put them on the new turbo's. Sorry if this is confusing im new to the Audi word and I have been searching and can't find what im looking for. Also if you know where I can get a set of downpipes to mount to the Allroad KO3 but still fit in my s4 I would appreciate a link. Thanks in advance

92urs4 09-09-2012 04:57 PM

Getting larger downpipes is always a good decison if you have the money to spend. With the downpipes to match the allroad's K03s, you will have a little quicker turbo response. The guys at 034motorsport.com are really good to work with, and they can build you just what you need whether it is something that they already build or something modified. If you do not want to spend the money doing that then it is fine putting your original ones back on.

A4S4Detroit 09-09-2012 06:16 PM

Thanks for the fast reply. I figured with the larger exhaust port I could generate more power but wasn't sure. Im not in a big hurry to get the S4 back together cause I have a A4 for my dd. So if the larger downpipes will make a big enough difference I will save the money and get them. My S4 also has GIAC software and a Vast nbc. I traded my SRT4 neon for the car knowing the turbo was on its last leg but I wanted my A4 evil twin brother. Can't wait to get it out on the road again but I want to do it rite so im taking my time. If anyone else can give me any info that has put allroad ko3 on there s4 to help me out so I don't run into any more unseen problems it would be appreciated.

FonzoB5S4 09-10-2012 04:59 AM

2003+ auto allroads have slightly different turbos. From what youre describing the exhaust side is probably whats different. if you can swap the one from your blown turbo i'd do it. dont get custom dp's because of this.

A4S4Detroit 09-10-2012 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by FonzoB5S4 (Post 1402997)
2003+ auto allroads have slightly different turbos. From what youre describing the exhaust side is probably whats different. if you can swap the one from your blown turbo i'd do it. dont get custom dp's because of this.

The new ones have a large round opening and my stock ones have a oval opening.

FonzoB5S4 09-10-2012 03:15 PM

apparently the bell housing on the 03+, auto allroads is larger than previous years. this makes it so they had to use different dp's to stretch around the tranny bell housing. this also led them to change the design of the exhaust side of the turbo to accept the different/new dp design.

not sure if anyone makes an adapter or if you can just swap sides from your old turbo. Most people tend to avoid the turbos from 03+ auto allroads. As previously mentioned, 034 might be your best bet in finding a solution. They might be able to make a custom adapter flange or something.

A4S4Detroit 09-10-2012 06:54 PM

Yeah I will get ahold of them and get a quote to see if its worth it. I have a tip in my car but im sure with as tight as it is the 03 dp probably wouldn't fit. I don't know if it will be worth it cause I would like to go ko4 next spring and I would have to get a completely different set of dp for that. Guess I need to figure out what I want to do.

FonzoB5S4 09-11-2012 05:00 AM

034 makes their down pipes for both manual and tip s4s'. if you are able to get some sort of adapter made and not permanently mod the dp then you can use them on a k04 setup as well. i hope this doesnt become a big problem. Good luck.

bigern45 09-17-2012 12:07 PM

k03s is the turbo, right?

A4S4Detroit 09-17-2012 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigern45 (Post 1403986)
k03s is the turbo, right?

Yes they are ko3 and sorry for the late update I have been really busy with work and my family. Did some research and it will cost between 800 and a grand for the downpipes. I decided just to piggy my dp and switch over the exhaust side on the turbo's. With plans to go ko4 in the near future it just makes more sense to go this rout. Have a rain day for work tomorrow so it will be a good time for me to work on the dp's and get ready to put the motor back in the car.