AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   S Car Model Line (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/)
-   -   B5 running rich, low boost, (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/b5-running-rich-low-boost-87032/)

ADubyaD 01-07-2008 12:30 PM

B5 running rich, low boost,

Just got my turbos replaced on my s4 but it is boosting like crap, maybe 7 psi, and im chipped. I have codes saying my 02 sensors are reading too rich, p1137 and p1139 i believe... do these codes mean they are bad and making my car run rich or do you think the car could just have a bad boost leak and the lack of air is making it run rich and the codes will go away if i can find the boost leak

2k S4 01-07-2008 01:11 PM

RE: B5 running rich, low boost,

boost leak, is everything connected up right? What kind of turbo's? Is the flash turned on? is the FPR connected?

Be careful, you might damage the cats running to rich.

ADubyaD 01-07-2008 01:30 PM

thanks for quick reply 2k, i just got new k03's... i know shoulda gone k04's but just wanted to get the car running and the turbos went a few weeks apart... anyways, i have a question about the flash... is there any way for the programing to reflash to stock without a flashloader... like when the battery is unplugged or anything that would be done in turbos/tranny/starter replacement? i dont have an apr chip... so i know it didnt just get changed by the cruise stalk. any more help would be great i just want my baby back... only had it running right for 2 weeks out of the 7 months ive had it and dropped 12 into it..[:@]

2k S4 01-07-2008 01:52 PM

If you have a Vag-com you can download the CIAG flash changer from GIAC.
Or you can use the hand held GIAC flash loader.

However, I really think it's a disconnected of failed sensor some where.

ADubyaD 01-07-2008 02:07 PM

Any idea what sensor this might be? ran codes and just got the running rich ones... are there any more common than usual areas in the turbo plumbing that go bad besides the TBB and dv's that i should check, ive looked at a lot of my ic piping and havent found anything and have been checking vac lines... think a badly installed boost gauge could be causing this?

2k S4 01-07-2008 02:23 PM

Make sure the FPR is connected up & not loosing the reference signal. Check the CTS, F hose.
Try & run it with out the MAF connected & see if it runs better. It can also be the wategates are set wrong & will not give you proper boost.

With out really knowing what was done on the car, it's kind of hard to speculate.

ADubyaD 01-07-2008 06:47 PM

pretty much everything in my sig with new starter, tbb, thats about it
im sorry CTS?

thanks for all the help man.. im gonna have to start pay palin you bills haha

2k S4 01-07-2008 06:50 PM

CTS=coolant temp sensor

ADubyaD 01-10-2008 01:39 AM

My coolant temp does drop from normal warm in the middle to 2 bars down and then go back up after a while, even when the car has been running for a while. think bad dv's could be causing big problems like really low boost, whooshing and jerky boosting?

06A3S-Line 08-25-2017 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by ADubyaD (Post 748506)
My coolant temp does drop from normal warm in the middle to 2 bars down and then go back up after a while, even when the car has been running for a while. think bad dv's could be causing big problems like really low boost, whooshing and jerky boosting?

Het there, did You ever figure this out?
sounds like we are having the same issue, I'm Getting 5to6 psi even tho I'm stage 2, But I'm Getting 18 to 20 psi at super random times!
hoping you found the issue!