S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Buy or run away?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 PM
1st Gear
Question Buy or run away?

Hi everyone,

After owning Rover 800, Daimler V8 Super, Phaeton W12 and Lexus RX, I decided to get Audi this time.

I'm looking at 2006 Audi S8 with 100.000 km (NOT miles) with full history. The problem is that the car had 2 accidents:

1. Front and side impact (some kind of accident). Everything was repaired at official workshop for $10.000.

2. Some flood (very heavy rain). Put it simply, the driver was driving his car in the area with lots of water. The dealer replaced lots of electronics for $35.000 (that's right!).

Besides that, no more repairs were done. They offer me 2 years of warranty, but it's valid only for engine and transmission. I'm very afraid of electronic faults because this is a very complicated car, and I have a serious headache now.

Any comments or suggestions?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 AM
1st Gear

1. The car has a aluminium body. Did they replace faulty parts with the new aluminium parts? If yes, then the rust is not going to be a problem. Of course the painting is probably not as good as from the factory.

2. Why it was flooding? Where those water holes under the battery blocked by dirt? Did they remove those stupid rubber rings from the water holes which is the normal reason for flooding?