S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 no start - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Default S4 no start - need help!

Hi,

I have a 2000 S4 that was in an accident a few months back - a guy ran a stop sign and hit the front driver's side of my car. The insurance company totaled my car, but I was able to buy it back from them pretty cheap. After putting everything back together, I am still not able to get the vehicle to start. I checked all coil packs and have spark, the mass sensor is new, and timing appears to be ok. It appears that I am not getting any fuel. I was wondering if any knows if a 2000 S4 has an emergency fuel shut-off solenoid that needs to be reset and its location? I have call a few dealerships, but know one can give me a straight answer, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:33 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: S4 no start - need help!

There is a fuel cutoff but its not related to your problems. When the crash sensors recognize a crash they send a signal to the ecm to shut donw the fuel. Before the ecm will alow the pump to run it requires a signal from the crank speed sensor. Make sure this is functioning.