S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Car at the STEALER for a weekish bah.....

Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default Car at the STEALER for a weekish bah.....

Soo i need to go take audi mechanic's classes cause taking my car places to get fixed is getting WAY WAY WAY to expensive....
I know some stuff i can probably just figure out but i got the Hog towed to Wagner Audi today to get this..... fixed.
both o2 sensors (some crap shop screwed up my old ones)
at least one CV boot
TRE's
Rear Diff Seal ($18 part, couple hundred in labor..... LAME)
Passenger Side Rear Wheel Bearing
And then figure out my leaking brake fluid problem. Brakes fine but it made the clutch loose all pressure however if i topped off the tank i could drive it around to move it.

So it got flatbedded last night and i dropped my key in the slot and. Now im just hanging out with my pants already around my ankles for when the dealer calls me and tell me to bend over when he tells me how much its gonna cost.... Im thinking ehh $1500-2000 give or take.

LAME- hahah
TK

Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Default RE: Car at the STEALER for a weekish bah.....

yeah I have to do my o2 sensors as well banks one and two hopefully I can do them myself, but I feel you, all I wanted was an alinement and came out 1450 dollars poorer cause of some of the same crap...and control arms. LAME INDEED

Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
1st Gear

By the time I'm finished with my S4, I think I should just automatically be considered an Audi Certified mechanic. But I'll never get rid of it.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:27 PM
2nd Gear

I already consider my self, Mr. Nickel and Dime S4 hahaha cause thats what this thing is doing to me, except the "nickels and dimes" are more like piggy banks and milk jugs full of coins hahah. Damn so depressing to think that if none of these small things have gone since i got the car i could just about be stage 3+ right now.... Grrr instead of Stage2ish

Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

If I were you, I might expect it to be a bit more then that... I was quoted 1K bucks by a local independednt shopto do a wheel bearing, and CV join alone... I ended up doing it myself for 145.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Artrip

If I were you, I might expect it to be a bit more then that... I was quoted 1K bucks by a local independednt shop to do a wheel bearing, and CV join alone... I ended up doing it myself for 145.
My god id hope so!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

ok do the cv boot yourself there's a diy on it its really easy all u need is a removed axle and a hammer lol and also the o2 sensore are as easy as putting in a bolt they literally are a bolt easiest way is taking of the pipe behind dp's which our secondary cats are in just make sure to pre twist wire in opposite direction your screwing in so it does not left twisted when its done also look out for the drive shaft catching the wire make sure to look how its on originally as for the seals on the diff. it cant be that hard....tre's never done em but there's also a write up on that lol and if your scared call a knowledgeable friend who knows audi too help( get some beers for him hahaha) ... you can get dirty now or later but one day you'll be fed up with paying for easy crap lol also where you located maybe somebody can help you out who knows?

also everyone else is the rear diff. seals on these a problem cause the previous owner replaced mine and it makes a slight humming but only at 1/6th throttle in the higher gears.....4,5,or 6 but not at full or anything above partial throttle

thanks and good luck to you on your car

Old 12-06-2007, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear

1k for those 2 is EXTREMELY high. way higher than dealer.... i would say dealer wheelbearing is what 300? and CV boot (outter is my problem $200tops?)

maybe just over 500 for both. i should have my quote in a day or so