S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

I should probably introduce myself and my car... *BWW!*

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default I should probably introduce myself and my car... *BWW!*

I spend most of my time on AW, but you guys here have come out huge in support of my video to win the RS4, so I can see myself spending some more time here

I joined a long time ago when I had my A4 (which is why my name is what it is) -- bought it in July '05.
1999.5 1.8tqms, PC-16 K04'd, ER FMIC, Labree test pipe, APR cat-back, H-sports, Southbend HD clutch with Unorthodox LWFW

After a good year+ with her, I finished my degree and upgraded to my S4 in 9/2006. I de-modded the A4 and sold it to a co-worker in January of '07.

Here she is when I got her (mostly stock)... in stock form she was about as quick as my PC-16'd A4!

So I did Vogtland coilovers and some (poorly painted) RS4 reps right away, as well as swapping over my H-Sports (note the coilover height was set to stock at first)

After the height was adjusted:

I did a GIAC-X chip from Torque Factory in Venice, CA and a Labree dual 2.5" cat-back with their split-mouth downpipes and test pipes.
Video

The clutch went so I upgraded to a Clutchmasters stage 3/4 hybrid clutch and kept the stock flywheel.
Then I swapped out the RS4 reps for the lighter OZ Superleggeras and haven't been happier.

Lots of drag racing down here in San Diego @ Qualcomm... "RaceLegal" puts on a 1/8 mi open session every now and again. Best time on stock turbos was 8.0@86mph (110 octane).

I also did an 8.1 @ 87mph

video1
video2

I was only able to muster a 13.1 @ 104 at German Invasion @ LACR last year, but with the 5300' DA factored in, it was corrected to a 12.6.

Since the car was finally moving, I decided to upgrade the brakes.
355mm StopTechs w/ 4-piston calipers up front

298mm STaSIS upgrade (stock calipers) in the rear

Last edited by twentyvalveb5; 12-18-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

In September of last year, my GF treated the S to a full detail...

A few months later, it was time to get her dirty and stretch her legs out at Willow Springs International Raceway! (Notice the SSR GT1s are my track wheels)

I was able to hit about 130mph on the front straight

I also was able to catch an Evo MR...

Video of that

After that, the clutch started going again... couldn't handle the extra torque of the 110 octane on the track all weekend ;-)
So, a clutchmasters full stage 4 and LWFW went in, along with some K04/RS6 hybrids.
I homebrewed that setup for a bit running my GIAC K03 code, 85mm MAF, RS4 accordion hose and 42# greentop injectors, until...
They cried and died

So, in went regular PJ K04s and a full AWE fueling kit w/ AWE MAF housing, etc.

...and that's where I'm at now.

Tonight I'll be replacing my cracked washer fluid reservoir, which has been broken for a year+ now... the warning on the dash is finally getting annoying

I plan to keep this car a while... unless I win this RS4 and VF/GIAC gives me a deal I can't refuse with their new supercharger. Then the S4 will have to go to fund that.

If you don't know what I'm talking about in regards to the RS4, click the link/image in my sig.

So, that's the history of my B5s. I'll leave the B4 for another thread

Oh, and my name is Tim and I live in San Diego... but I knew you cared about the car stuff more!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Sick s4 love those track day rims, good luck on the rs4

Old 12-18-2008, 06:22 PM

The s4 looks real clean. Glad to see you kept the QU477RO LP from the a4.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 PM

hey how hard is it to replace the windshield resivoir and where did you buy yours from? my light is driving me insane!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bottlecap
hey how hard is it to replace the windshield resivoir and where did you buy yours from? my light is driving me insane!!!
It looks like I'll just need to pull the bumper, driver's side front wheel and wheel well liner to get at everything.

Kind of a PITA but not terrible.

I have a buddy locally who has an extra one, so he's giving it to me

I'd call up WMS and see if they have any lying around that they'll sell you for cheap. They have a giant shelf of parts like that just sitting there.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM

hmm i was hoping it wouldnt come to removing the bumper.... thanks for your help, ill start hunting for a tank. i guess it would be a perfect time to install a snub mount in the process

Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bottlecap
hmm i was hoping it wouldnt come to removing the bumper.... thanks for your help, ill start hunting for a tank. i guess it would be a perfect time to install a snub mount in the process
Absolutely. I'll post again tomorrow once I figure out exactly what's required. I'll be pressed for time tonight so I may not have time for pics, but I'll try!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

i voted for ya..your vid was the best out of all of them. I cant believe that old idiot rapper was a finalist.