AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   S Car Model Line (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/)
-   -   I'm frustrated (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/im-frustrated-45759/)

IHATEAMG 11-06-2006 02:07 PM

I'm frustrated

I can only find two 00-02 S4's in my area on autotrader. One is a '00 6 speed with 52k miles and an extended warranty until 09/08 but the guy is offering it for 20,500. It's like 2k above blue book. The other one I found is an '00 with 50k miles with alcantera and pretty much all the options and it's at a dealer offering 16,900. But it's a tiptronic, I can't stand automatic. My car right now is automatic and it drives me nuts. And I really don't want to just buy one out of state without even looking at it. This is just irritating.

Roadhawk 11-06-2006 02:33 PM

RE: I'm frustrated

6 speed with extended warrenty to 08 - with only 52K - somnds like a winner to me. (I'm not sure of pricing...but only 2K over BB - maybe you can offer him 1K over...with warrenty sounds well worth it)

IHATEAMG 11-06-2006 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Roadhawk

6 speed with extended warrenty to 08 - with only 52K - somnds like a winner to me. (I'm not sure of pricing...but only 2K over BB - maybe you can offer him 1K over...with warrenty sounds well worth it)
Yes it's a very clean ride, older gentleman that has owned it since it had like 2k miles on it. But I'm really hesitant on the price, maybe I can talk him down to at least blue book. I have to check with the guy and see exactly what kind of warranty it is.

Volk 11-06-2006 02:58 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I have not bought a car in my state for... well over 5 years I think.
I mean I always have to leave Michgan if I am going to find something worth buying.

I drove to DC just to buy my current S4 and that is a bit of a scoot from here.

My advice is make a vacation out of it. I mean Vacations are fun and there is nothing better than buying a sweet car at the end of your vacation for a souvenir to take home. And if you go some place cool but the car turns out not to be what you are looking for then you can always go.. hey at least it was a nice trip.

On the flip side if you have no selection in your area then buying out of state can really help with the resale as well.

For instance most of my cars when I have finally sold them sell very strong becase they are rare in my area. So you will have the corner on the market once you get yours.

Good luck in your hunt. Where abouts are you any way?

IHATEAMG 11-06-2006 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Volk

If it makes you feel any better, I have not bought a car in my state for... well over 5 years I think.
I mean I always have to leave Michgan if I am going to find something worth buying.

I drove to DC just to buy my current S4 and that is a bit of a scoot from here.

My advice is make a vacation out of it. I mean Vacations are fun and there is nothing better than buying a sweet car at the end of your vacation for a souvenir to take home. And if you go some place cool but the car turns out not to be what you are looking for then you can always go.. hey at least it was a nice trip.

On the flip side if you have no selection in your area then buying out of state can really help with the resale as well.

For instance most of my cars when I have finally sold them sell very strong becase they are rare in my area. So you will have the corner on the market once you get yours.

Good luck in your hunt. Where abouts are you any way?

I'm located in Phoenix. Where in Michigan are you? I'm from Detroit originally.

Volk 11-06-2006 04:39 PM

I am in Midland. Thats about 120 miles north of Detroit.

Being in Pheniox you are like in the land of eternal vehicles! Utah and Arizona are pristine states when compared to michigan rust. Being from Detoit you know what I am talking about. Personally I have had to get rid of too many vehicles in my life that I could actually push my hand through their frames. (and I am not even a magician)

IHATEAMG 11-06-2006 05:21 PM

I am in Midland. Thats about 120 miles north of Detroit.

Being in Pheniox you are like in the land of eternal vehicles! Utah and Arizona are pristine states when compared to michigan rust. Being from Detoit you know what I am talking about. Personally I have had to get rid of too many vehicles in my life that I could actually push my hand through their frames. (and I am not even a magician)

Yes they do have nice cars out here I just can't find S4's

Volk 11-06-2006 05:55 PM

How about this 6 speed in Tucson

2000 S4 BI-TURBO 6 speed, navigation, Xenon. $17,931 Desert European 628-2057
Listing Source: Tucson Newspapers Inc

Volk 11-06-2006 05:58 PM

This one is right in phoenix

$18,950 (obo)
Mileage: 64,000 Body Style: Sedan Exterior Color: Silver Interior Color: Black VIN: WAURD68DX1A133055 Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Manual Drivetrain: AWD

Some guy named Chad has it
Chad Conelly
480-603-4083 (Daytime) 520-429-0021 (Mobile)

IHATEAMG 11-06-2006 06:50 PM

This one is right in phoenix

$18,950 (obo)
Mileage: 64,000 Body Style: Sedan Exterior Color: Silver Interior Color: Black VIN: WAURD68DX1A133055 Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Manual Drivetrain: AWD

Some guy named Chad has it
Chad Conelly
480-603-4083 (Daytime) 520-429-0021 (Mobile)

Where did you find that?