S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Info on New 04-05 Audi S4 and the current Paddle Shifters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 06:40 PM
AMP
Default Info on New 04-05 Audi S4 and the current Paddle Shifters?

Hello to everyone, I am looking to purchase a new Audi S4 in the next few months. I have been an S4 fan since the start however I have not heard too much news about the new S4's and their performance. I am also looking to know if anyone has driven or owns one of the new S4's with the paddle shifting transmission. If I go for it, I would definately want this feature but have not had the opportunity to drive one with them or speak to anyone who has as of yet. I am looking to start test driving the new models next month. I just don't want to get behind the wheel yet and get my hopes up too soon. Any help, info, directions, BS, you might feel could enlighten me would greatly appreciated. Please let me know.

Thanks

AMP

Old 05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Info on New 04-05 Audi S4 and the current Paddle Shifters?

I've heard nothing but good things about the new B7 S4's. My understanding is that the interior is relatively the same in the B7 as in the B6, but other than that, they did some nice refinements on the B7. A new more squat aero body with a definite improvement in the suspension system. (The new B7 A4 has the same suspension as the B5 S4!) They are really refining the car and as far as my experience goes with the B6, I loved it! (Just really couldn't/wouldn't afford it.) My understanding is that the B7 is even better, and now here comes the RS4 to america! I really wish money wasn't an issue. (My local Audi dealer already has 2 RS4's sold and they havn't even gotten pricing on them yet. Yes, I asked, $10,000.00 down was close, but not quite.)

I love my S4, but if you can swing it, I really believe you can't go wrong with the B6 or B7.

Test drive one and you'll see. (B6 S4 only convertible S4 available, so far.)

Old 05-19-2005, 11:05 PM
AMP
Default RE: Info on New 04-05 Audi S4 and the current Paddle Shifters?

Thanks a lot SP4NK3R. I appreciate the input. One more question, I am not exactly sure what the "B" stands for in your reply as well as others in the Forum. I know it has something to do with the version of each S4, early being B1 and so forth, however I just don't know! Help me out!

As for the test driving, I want to go do that soon. I am itching to but I know I will have to hand the keys back at the end. A friend of mine has a 2004 A4 Chipped and and he loves to show off the capabilites. I have loved Audi's for a while and have slowly been saving to get a new one. Hopefully everything can work out and I won't have to give the keys back some day!!

Thanks again