S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

interior lights flashing when rear doors open and speakers rattling

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:54 PM
1st Gear
Default interior lights flashing when rear doors open and speakers rattling

ok, so when the ignition is off and the rear doors are open, the interior lights come on and stay on. if the ignition is on, the lights flash on and off.

the 2nd thing i would like some help with is the rear driver side speaker rattling. Does this mean it is blown or is it more off a common problem with s4's. I have the bose system. does anyone have decent in depth instructions about how to get the speaker grills off??? i'm a noob haha. I have a cel too. but i'll save that for later.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: interior lights flashing when rear doors open and speakers rattling

Buy a VAG COM so you can check your fault codes, for both the check engine light and the central locks for faults. Most likely the flashing interior lights is a faulty door latch which you can check with the VAG COM.

As for the speaker, it may just be the cone has come off the speaker which can be re-glued, you have to take off the door panel to getaccess tothe speaker.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: interior lights flashing when rear doors open and speakers rattling

i suppose alittle more info would be nice. the only code i have thrown for the cel's is p0300. my tech ffrom the local audi dealership hooked up and said i am misfiring on four cylinders, two of which are worse then the other two. the speakers are the ones in the rear deck. and the door latch is in the rear. I read another forum and the guy said that audi had to replace his entire interior wiring harness. do you know what part he could be talking about?