S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

loose seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Default loose seat

i know this has been asked before but i couldnt find the answer. the d/s seat in my b5 is bangin around, what do i need to get to fix it?

Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: loose seat

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...egory=Interior

I have the same thing, and have yet to install the fix, let me know how it goes.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah - me too - I'd noticed ECS advertising a solution...curious if it does the trick...(dealer twice told me they had fixed it...)

Old 08-15-2006, 03:03 AM

maybe i should clarify myself. the entire seat feels like its moving around. ive heard something about seat rail bushing going bad. from this alls i can infer is that the rollers on the seat are loose inside the seat rails causing it to move around. more noticable on hard braking/acceleration.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:04 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Coop

maybe i should clarify myself. the entire seat feels like its moving around. ive heard something about seat rail bushing going bad. from this alls i can infer is that the rollers on the seat are loose inside the seat rails causing it to move around. more noticable on hard braking/acceleration.
That's what the ECS stuff is, it's the Audi OEM seat bushing.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 AM

sweet, now i see. thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 AM
1st Gear

Hey Coop, 2K S4:

Did you guys ever do this repair? I was searching around for a DIY on it (or any more discussion for that matter) and wasn't able to find anything. Or has anybody else done this repair and have some tips/thoughts on the subject? I bought the kit from ECS, but don't feel like spending $80 on the manual ; )

Thanks,

Old 04-26-2007, 03:37 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ZQ8GMC

Hey Coop, 2K S4:

Did you guys ever do this repair? I was searching around for a DIY on it (or any more discussion for that matter) and wasn't able to find anything. Or has anybody else done this repair and have some tips/thoughts on the subject? I bought the kit from ECS, but don't feel like spending $80 on the manual ; )

Thanks,
Ready, remove the seat. Find the plastic bushing where the seat meets the seat back. Remove old bushing, with a flat blade screw driver. Push on new bushings, reinstall the seat.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:46 PM

Damn, i posted this one a while ago. still havnt done it , but i have had my seat out, goddam thing weighs about 60 pounds. Heres some weight savings for the draggers out there:

Remove seat, sit on milk crate...

Old 04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Ready, remove the seat. Find the plastic bushing where the seat meets the seat back. Remove old bushing, with a flat blade screw driver. Push on new bushings, reinstall the seat.
Thanks bro... I think . BESIDES the obvious steps above, are there any tricks with the power seats and such? Do you just remove the seat bottom from the frame, or the entire system from the car? Does this actually remedy the problem, or does it have to be done again later on (i.e. because you're replacing stock bushings w/ stock bushings)?

Quick Reply: loose seat