AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   S Car Model Line (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/)
-   -   non-audi warranty (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/s-car-model-line-13/non-audi-warranty-18408/)

Hasselhoff 10-20-2005 05:37 AM

non-audi warranty

I just took my 2000 s4 in for it's 60k checkup and was told i have about 4 grand worth of problems in the car. I'm seriously considering selling the car though I would hate to part with it. There is no more warranty on the car but I was considering buying an extended warranty and having them pick up the repairs. Has anybody bought or know anyone who has purchased one of these warranties? The one company I have been given a quote from claims it is bumper to bumper coverage and would include all my repairs. I'm kinda skeptical though.

psyct1 10-22-2005 06:58 AM

RE: non-audi warranty

i do not have any info on warranty info for you but, i was wondering if you could do me a favor, if you find any info out about a NON audi extended warranty, to let me know... i also have a 2000 Audi with 53K on her... i got her looked at about a thousand miles ago and there wasn't anything wrong but, i'd still like to keep my options open in case anything was to happen...

i'll keep an eye on this topic for future references...

thanks

cdf619 10-22-2005 02:08 PM

you can find an extendend warranty online. I believe that most request that the car has to be under 60k. just do a search on google for car warranties and you should find a number of them. just bought my a4 the begining of oct. with 64k and have a extended waranty through the dealer.

mazzeo 10-22-2005 03:40 PM

I had great luck with Warranty Direct.. I belive it Warrantydirect.com
You can get a price right on line..

I purchased this for my Mercedes ML500 and that got dam thing broke down all the time. I would say they covered 80% of my expe's....

Best bet is if you know a mechanic shop (owner) have him over state prices of repairs or claim different parts need to be replaced (other then ones that need replacement) then charge the Exd Warranty company for them.. That way both of you make out.. PLus the Mechanic will like you more when he is making money on top of fixing your car.....:)

Which ever EXT warr you go with make sure you choice the best one usually the most $$ as that will give better results for covering parts on you car...

Good luck

cary12 10-22-2005 04:10 PM

I'll have to look at what warranty service we have but ours is awesom. It's bumper to bumper and we have all the roadside stuff too. I do think it has to be under sixty thousand too.

brando_dtd 10-24-2005 05:51 AM

yeah i had a really good experience with my ex war company. took a while for them to get the work done but it was only a $100 dollar deductible. :-) work was about 3500. so i did not mind spending the 1500 for the warranty most definetly worth it!!

Hasselhoff 10-25-2005 05:05 AM

Brando, what was the name of your warranty company? Also, did you buy your warranty at the time you purchased the car from a dealer or did you get it on your own at a later date?

brando_dtd 10-26-2005 03:05 AM

the name of the company is CNA, i did purchase the warranty when i purchased the car, but i believe they said i could renew it possibly when the term was up, which leads me to believe it can be purchased separately or not at the time of the buy.

lewishw 10-26-2005 10:48 PM

hey guys,

I also have a service plan on my 01 S4 through united car care in Denver. It goes all the way to 100k miles. I am curious if anyone has used united before and if they will allow me to extend it beyond the 100k warrenty.

Thanks

psyct1 10-27-2005 01:49 AM

ok... i've looked everywhere for an extended warranty on my car... its a 2000 S4 with right about 53,000miles...

i tried Warrantydirect.com but the site said they do not offer warranties on my car... does anyone else have an other ideas for where i can find an extended warranty?

the only thing wrong with the car (besides the accident i was in) is that damned information display with the lines that are out... i hate that... anyway...

any ideas would be helpful!!!

appreciated!!