S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

question about bose symphony radio PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
1st Gear
Default question about bose symphony radio PLEASE HELP!

so im looking to put my alpine flip up inside my 2002 s4 and i called circuit city for installation and they told me that in order to install an aftermarket head unit you must replace the bose speakers inside the car because the speakers are not compatible with another headunit. Do i really have to do all this just to put my alpine head unit in?

Old 04-05-2006, 03:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: question about bose symphony radio PLEASE HELP!

ya pretty much, you can't just change the speakers or an amp you have to rewire the damn thing.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:28 AM
1st Gear

true story, i put 2 12 in kickers and an amp in and they had to rewire it, then i put my flip up in and they had to rewire it again, for what reason i don't know. and now with the flip up , subs, and amp i can't even turn the volume up all the way cuz the internal amps for the bose speakers can't handle the constant high power wattage and start to clip, so to fix this i have a 2 sets of 6.5 inch rockford fosgates i have to put in but am waiting to do cuz i don't have the money to get everything redone (they want to rewire the entire thing with 0, 4, and competition 8ga, wiring) so i can get the maximum output to my subs and speakers with that crisp sound... so to answer your question you can install the flip up, it does need to be completely rewired, and you can use your stock bose speakers, but personally i would replace them now. sorry [&o]

Old 04-16-2006, 03:11 AM
2nd Gear

Hello. this is my first post but i saw this yeal quick and should just ellaborate. I work at circuti city in the car audio department. To run aftermarket radio with the bose system all u need to do is a factory amp bypass which is very easy. as for the dash kit i know metra makes a very nice one that however it is slightly expensive compared to others (about $70). But yea you dont need to replace anything. As for your local circuit city not know that u need to do an amp bypass....... shame on them haha. Hope that helped just e-mail me if u got some question about it.
TK- out