S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Sick Audi S4 B7 Adaptive Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

The grill should fit unless you have "Park Distance Control" but yeah probably too much.

Those tails look f*****g bad a$$. How much are they? About $300-350 or so?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

OOOOOOOOO LOOK AT THIS! These new LEDs are SUPER-BRIGHT!

Last edited by TrickS4; 10-03-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM
1st Gear

Last edited by TrickS4; 10-03-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

More pics ....

See the big white spot in the garage? LOL

headlight assembled //

headlight installed. Big difference.

This time all the leds are pointed directly forward.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

You work fast!

I finally got a chance to attempt to replace my headlights with the Devil Eye kit and I spent the last hour or so just trying to remove the driver side headlight. How do you get it out without pulling the entire front bumper?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtzJNC2wI8o

I found the above video that show you need to loosen two screws on the outter edges and the remove a third from the center and the guy just pulls the hole thing out. What I didn't notice is he also had the whole grill and bumper off already! Got any tips?

I haven't figured out how to pull it from behind the body trim on the left of the headlight.

Also, is there a trick to pulling the wire harness? I fought with that thing blindly and couldn't get it to come off. I thought maybe you could save me from breaking something foolishly.

I'm currious about the passenger side being more difficult as there is something in the way that prevents me from seeing much of anything behind the headlight.

Although this video shows you just rock it off on a B6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtTpDq_Wy_c

Old 10-09-2010, 08:04 AM
1st Gear

Heh, looks like someone else already thought of the LED Audi logo too. Not a bad idea to use it on the trunk as a brake light only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHtH5RxwtN4

Nothing about how they did it tho.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

@ MrShannon

they sell those led rings on ebay

Old 10-09-2010, 12:07 PM
3rd Gear

Project looks awesome! Congrats. When I did mine(for like the 4th time), I covered the LED strip in a lite coat of tint so it can't be seen when it's off. I didn't like the exposed look of the strip.

Last edited by warranty225cpe; 10-09-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

After a run to the dealership to chat with the shop guys and the hardware store for a flexible socket wrench extension I got it done!

The first side seemed to take forever because I was trying to figure it out but the second side, no joke, was done in about 20mins.

The trick to the harness was pushing the harness into the headlight a little and then squeezing the rear underside of it and then the thing popped off.

The guide below was key to getting the bumper loose enough to remove the headlights. Lots of photos and very detailed.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Bumper-Removal

Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

To loosen the bumper cover enough to remove the headlight ... here are the connector locations:

Only pull one side loose at a time, otherwise re-installation of the cover can be a pain. Once all the bolts, nuts and screws are removed, lightly tug the side of the cover out and it should easily unsnap from the fender.

One trick I picked up was to put a dab of silicone in a 10mm deep-well socket for the two 10mm nuts inside the fender.
This will prevent the nuts from accidentally dropping them during removal and re-installation.

To remove the headlight, there are three torx bolts.... the tricky one is accessed through a hole in the top of the fender. I use a long flat screwdriver to loosen. Don't remove! The only one in the headlight that needs to be removed is the top center one.

To remove the headlight harness, I use a flat stubby screwdriver in the harness slot, twist it lightly to release, and then lightly pry between the harness and the headlight with another flat screwdriver to pop it loose at the same time.

Last edited by TrickS4; 10-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Sick Audi S4 B7 Adaptive Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights