2010 Audi S5

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 PM
1st Gear
Default 2010 Audi S5

Hello All,

I am new to forums and to the Audi Brand. Approx 30 days ago I purchased my dream car, 2010 Audi S5 from a non Audi dealer. Approx a week after purchasing the car the engine light came on and I took it back to the dealer and he advised it was the Mass air flow sensor. The dealer cleaned the sensor and reset the code.

A couple days later the light came on so I took it to Audi and they diagnosed the issue as P0491, P0492, Bank 1.2 Secondary Air injection flow insufficient. They found water coming out of the valves of the secondary pump.

I provide the invoice to the dealer who I purchased the car from and they said they would fix it. So I went to pick up the car and they advised the pump was fine but one of the pipes was blocked. The next day the light came on and now they said they will change the pump.

When I start the car I do hear the pump engage, it sounds like a plane and than turns off. The light comes on after the car is warm and in speaking with Audi this is common and as the light is not flashing no damage is being done, is that correct?

In reading posts it looks like these pumps last for many years. The car hasn't been in any accidents as the serial numbers are intact on all body parts. No paint mid match and the car proof was clean.

I am worried and wonder if anyone else has experienced this or have some suggestions to help calm my nerves......