1st time S6 owner! I have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default 1st time S6 owner! I have some questions.

Hello all. I'm extremely excited to have purchased my first S6 (2014). It's been a unbelievable car sio far. Drives like a kitten when in Eco mode and turns savage when you get it into Dynamaic mode. I've really enjoyed this care so far. I bought it just out of warranty with 50,000 miles and have purchased an extended warranty for the next 4 years as I know any repair on this car will be rediculous. As a new owner, I wa shoping to have some of the past and current S6 owners chime in on a few questions I have so far:

1. It seems that both my turbos were replaced under factory warranty around the 45k mark. Has anyone else had their turbos go bad around that same mileage? It seems quiote low to me and worries me a bit that maybe the previous owner drove it really hard? Can anyone comment on this issue? I hope that turbos only have a 50k life...

2. I'm in Tampa, FL and will probably take my care to Reeves Audi for all service but I did see a few other German specialty shops in teh area and was wondering if anyone in the area has used any of them and if so, are there any they woukld recommend over taking directly to Audi for work/service? Are indepdnednt shops typically cheaper on repairs and hourly rates charged?

3. I love everything about teh car so far but I wish it had a little more of an exhaust note. Are there chips you can buy to modulate or enhance the sound to give a little more edge or maybe a aliitle more burble when at idle and more sound upon hard accelrations? I don;t want it to sounf like a Mustang 5.0 but I definitely want to give it a little more attitude when driven hard.

Thank you for anyone willing to give me any pointers or direction on these questions. I'm hopefully looking to many fun years in this care !