AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-43/)
-   -   Maryland GTG (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-43/maryland-gtg-65830/)

A4 Effort 06-07-2007 10:48 PM

Maryland GTG

Anyone interested in having a Maryland/Tri-State area GTG?

I'm in Mt.Airy, MD, so if anyone is interested, maybe we can set something up for late June.

AWDaholic 06-25-2007 02:54 PM

RE: Maryland GTG

You might wanna drop a not in teh OT section, too...

As for me, my car is laid-up, at the moment, so I can't guarantee I'll be wheels-down, anytime, soon.

Maybe aim for end of July, since June is now buster!

Swaynest 07-04-2007 06:56 PM

I would definatly be down to meet some time at the end of july

A4 Effort 07-04-2007 08:10 PM

klum00 is trying to get something together. PM him and let him know you're interested. The more the merrier.

klum00 07-06-2007 08:58 AM

Lets make this thing happen August 4th. That is the firstSaturday in August,that gives everyone pleanty of time to plan. I'm in Baltimore and have no problem driving anywhere. We could get some good group shots by the Inner Harbor and docks by my house.

Anyone have any suggestions on some good roads we can cruise? Long and twisty would be ideal I'd say, but again I'm up for anything.

I am going to put together a list serve of everyone interested, so post your email on here or PM it to me and that way we can all stay on top of it. I know this "South" regional forum isnt too useful, so I am going ot post this on all the other forums as well.

I'm looking forward to finally getting something together, and hopefully a good turnout.

rayveedub 07-13-2007 11:13 PM

count me in.

Swaynest 07-15-2007 02:54 PM

I just got back from a trip to Carlisle (spelling?) PAI took 695 to 83 North, I think 83 would be a perfect road for us to drive on it was very nice no crazy sharp turns but some really nice rolling turns with strait aways. I was fooling around with an A6 on my way up and we were going 110 on a couple straits. It is only two lanes but from what I saw for a friday night around rush hour traffic wasnt bad at all. I suggest we meet up in baltimore and then travel up 83. Also i saw that a group from southern PA was talking about a GTG I am thinking if they meet us half way on 83 we good have a really good size showing. Thats just my two cents let me know what you think.

L7 07-16-2007 05:25 AM

Swaynest;
That's a nice drive heading north up towards York and Harrisburg. I would be up for that. Anyone know of a decent sized parking lot we could all meet up in - which is attached to some sort of food establishment that would be welcoming to us on a Saturday afternoon?

klum00 07-16-2007 06:49 PM

I think that is a great idea, see if you can talk to the PA GTG to find a spot for us to meet. I'll send out a group email about taking 83, all we have left is a good parking lot to meet up at, towson is pretty busy on weekends so not sure if that is a good idea...

L7 07-18-2007 05:23 AM

Klum00 et all;
There is a restaurant/bar almost accross the street from an Audi dealership up there in the Cockeysville - Hunt Valley area. From the times I've driven by it - I've noticed a decent sized parking lot. At some point during my travels over the next few days- I'll try and pop in there sample their food and check ot see how cold their beer iswhile inquiring about their regular Saturday afternoon crowds. And also see how management would feel about us using up part of their parking lot.