AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   South West (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-west-40/)
-   -   2012 Texas Audi State Meet (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-west-40/2012-texas-audi-state-meet-171684/)

freaksavior 07-17-2011 11:54 PM

2012 Texas Audi State Meet

Originally Posted by OutlawDCustoMs (Post 57094)
I know that this is a state meet usually, but why not open it to the audis all around our large lone star state! After we figure this out, I'll post on other audi forums... ie. Audizine, NTAG, quattroworld, etc.

The next meet is proposed to be in Houston, TX (Jan/Feb of 2012) home of 3 relatively close tracks: Motorsports Ranch of Houston, Grandsport Speedway, and Texas World Speedway (which is College Station, TX of course; but it's only an hour away from greater Houston, which is practically the same as the other two tracks)

UPDATEv1

Alright as far as the track is concerned, I personally would recommend Grandsport Speedway to be our trackday.
a) Track is in much better condition than MSR
b) TWS is a bit far and the track isn't in the best condition either
c) It's closer into town and very close to Galveston
d) It's a much more technical track 13 turns in under a min (if you're blazin, typical times are 1:06 - 1:15)
e) I'm an instructor there, so we can stay as late as we want lol

I need some feedback, especially from the Audi Houstonians... kinda sorta like who would even come, who wants to get envolved and help throw this shin-dig, and how long would you prefer the event to happen?

So initially, my thoughts were to have a 2-day weekend event. One day for the roadtrack, and one day for our scenic drive/lunch and our banquet.

I would say, I'd rather drive a full day on the track because since you're there, might as well make it worth it. I can probably have some sort of catering lunch at the track, so scheduling would look like: 9-12 driving 12-1 lunch, and 1-330ish driving again (maybe we can do some sort of time attack thing, who knows I know I'm competitive )

For the scenic drive, I know of a few different spots, however they are all on the opposite ends of the earth of 2 of the tracks. If we used TWS, there is a scenic drive on the way to TWS from Houston. This one we used to call it "Racer Road" which is in the Brookshire area. The other drive is "Forrest Run" which is located in the Montgomery area. There is another one, Crabb River Rd. but it's really only a few nice sweepers... and that's about it.

UPDATEv2

Alright, so since both tracks that are actually IN houston are so far away from any scenic drive, I will be putting together an ALL AUDI car show w/ door prizes and trophies for sunday afternoon. I want to tenatively say that the show would start @ noon, but cars that would like to be IN the show come @ 11 to park and get situated.

Since Sunday is not an early day, I will also be putting together a party Saturday Night at a good lounge/club (location not known, got to find a nice big parking lot that is driveway friendly so ONLY our audi's can park).

As far as the Hotel goes, it really depends which scenic drive and which track we use. The banquet will be determined also after we determine the track and scenic drive.

UPDATE

AGAIN, half day trackday is almost out of the question, HOWEVER if someone wants to share a spot, that's great.. then more people can learn to drive etc...

So for the Hotel, Night club/bar, and car show... I'm thinking Sugar Land would be the best. Town Square has a nice Marriot and has a few bars in walking distance... also the strip shopping center has a massive parking lot for a car show. now all i have to do is talk with the right people

what do you think?

Another thing I need feedback from is I know this is an Audi event, but do we want to include our "sister brand" VW? and having that said what about other auto enthusiasts? I personally say, the bigger the better, the Audis' just get VIP or first pick in everything... tracktime, parking, banquet, etc.

UPDATEv3
So for the car show I was thinking we'll do awards by model series and then overall. I was thinking something like this:
Best A3/S3
Best A4/S4/RS4
Best A5/S5/RS5
Best A6/S6/RS6
Best A7
Best A8/S8/R8
Overall best show
Overall best race car
Overall best classic
People's Choice

What do you think? It's kind of what I came up with since I'm starting to price out trophies.

As far as allowing VW to join the party, we'll wait a month or so... HOWEVER I need to book the track soon to secure our spot, I will finalize pricing soon.

FEEDBACK PLEASE =)

Anyways, to my fellow audi enthusiasts... let me know what you think!!!

Syd

Alright guys, Pre-lim plans for Audi Meet 2012... - Texas Audi Group Forums

You can post here, but please post at TAG Also for questions comments and concerns. We are trying to raise awareness of this coming up in the next few months to have a better idea of what to expect and plan for.