AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   South West (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-west-40/)
-   -   Noob (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-west-40/noob-94485/)

GSGZZLR 03-09-2008 11:32 PM

Noob

My name is Dale and I am from Spring, TX. I'm not only new to the forum, but also new to imports. I've had 4 Mustangs and 2 Explorers. I've been modding Mustangs since I was 17. This year, I started a business that is about 50 miles from home and with the rising gas prices, decided to sell the Explorer for a 4 banger. I wanted something nice and comfortable for a daily driver and picked up a 2006 A4 last month. I bought this thing not wanting to mod it and even bought an automatic to keep myself out of trouble. Lately, I can't stop thinking about doing things to it. Are there any local places anyone can recommend? I really don't like to buy things online and do work myself. I'd like to get some 18" RS4 (real or fake) rims and probably some lowering springs and a deeper exhaust for starters. I really don't want to mod this too much, but who knows.

i3uddha 03-16-2008 01:57 AM

RE: Noob

ORIGINAL: GSGZZLR
...I really don't want to mod this too much, but who knows.
hahaha we both know what that really means. ;)

welcome to the forums. Hope u find lots of info to keep u busy w/ your A4 for awhile.

murdermakescents 03-21-2008 10:42 AM

from spring here as well!

there is an audi enthusiasts shop in a more ghetto part of town but i'll have to get the location later.

what kind of business do you have?

GSGZZLR 03-23-2008 08:49 PM

I def. would like to find that Audi shop. The business I was talking about is the Dam Ice House off Hwy 6 and Westheimer. I am part owner of it. I also am part owner of USA Bown in Dallas. Where in Spring do you live? I am in Auburn Lakes off West Rayford between Gosling and Kuykendahl.

murdermakescents 03-24-2008 02:21 AM

off 45 in between richey and 1960

how's owning the ice house? sounds like a lot of fun!
my wife and i plan on opening a restuarant within 5 years time. we already have a lot of it thought out, she's about to graduate from culinary school, our friend (and partner chef) is graduating soon as well, and i'm going to finish my business degree soon. should be easy, huh?[>:]

p.s. if you ever need an employee/manager you want to over pay so he can buy a newer audi, pm me sometime:D

GSGZZLR 03-31-2008 01:35 AM

It should be easy, but it's not. The hardest obsticle we've had to face are the old customers wanting to fight change every bit of the way. They don't care if the changes are good or bad...they just want it like it was....which wasn't good enough and will never be good enough. [:@] Anyways, I wish you guys good luck with the restaurant. We need good ones here in Houston. I've eaten at so many different places and only have found a few decent places. Coming from L.A. (Which I didn't realize had very tasty food until I moved to TX.), the food here is VERY bland. :( I've tried all kinds and all different places....sad....at least, I am losing weight. Hahahaha...