AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   South West (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-west-40/)
-   -   Tulsa area, read this before you buy (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/south-west-40/tulsa-area-read-before-you-buy-174504/)

SlackJaw 09-28-2011 11:04 PM

Tulsa area, read this before you buy

There isn't a single shop in the area qualified to work on Audi. period.

I could regail you with an epic OP of all my experiences...just trust me. I've been to them ALL.

NONE.

Oh, you gonna DIY from internest, you say?

Recommendations from this site cost me 2 weeks for a simple brake rotor upgrade and pad change.

good luck.

My 2006 A4 S-line has accumulated almost 9 months total sitting on someone's shop floor.

When I get it back, I'm heading to trade in...

...interestingly, my $33k '06 model, with 66k miles is now good for a Jeep that is 2 years older, with 20k more miles on it.

just saying.

SlackJaw 01-11-2012 11:59 PM

lol. testament to the deadness of this site as well...however, I did find out why jackasses can't work on Audi here, and I wonder if it's not prevalent elsewhere...

on the production line, if Audi runs out of a part from one manufacturer, they discontinue and start using the new part from another mfr. This is why when you need a part they ALWAYS ask you for the VIN. Apparently they can't track this shit so well from car number 468 to car number 469. Multiply that by number of parts suppliers and total parts, I can see it gets out of control pretty quick.

On top of that, a mechanic calls for a part, gives the VIN, if the Audi record is incorrect and they send the wrong part for THIS car, a fight ensues between the mechanic and Audi. Audi: That is the correct part. Mechanic: No it's not, I have the old part and the one you sent me and they do not match. Audi: That is the correct part.

On top of that, if the fight is resolved, and the part needs exchanging, Audi gonna charge the mechanic a RESTOCKING fee.

Well fuck, I can tell you this...My claim is all but wrapped up, except for a plastic inner wheel well. This car went into the shop in early August of '11. Fortunately the mechanic put the car back together and I am driving it. After another 2 months of it sitting waiting on this. I have YET to hear from him. My insurance is sending me letters that I need to get my car fixed. They don't realize the fucacta of the situation.

I took it TO THE DEALER for some motor mounts between xmas and New Year. I needed new tires as well, since the last tire shop, that stripped my lug bolts and stuck me for new hubs, apparently fucked up the alignment, and although the tires should have gotten another 5 to 10k were showing belt on the inside fronts...the stealer put the new tires on, but doesn't want to do the alingment until they install the mounts, because they need to drop the subframe (bullshit)...

Anyway, like I said, it's fucking January 11, and I haven't heard back on the mounts ordered last week of December, meanwhile I'm eating up brand new tires.

Anyway, jackasses all of you. Just stay away from Audi. Worst user experience ever.