Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

01 2.8 A4 VS. 07 Crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Default 01 2.8 A4 VS. 07 Crossfire

my cousin has the crossfire and we decided to race over the mountain on our way home from work.The best way to describe the road is alot of long drawn out turns with passing zones inbetween up and over the shawangunk mountain, the 52 side. speed limit is 55 the whole road (about 10 miles). It was about 11 o'clock at night raining and really windy, leaves blowing all over. we started out on a strait away about a mile longpassing every car in sight doing about 110 or so, i was in the lead. We got to the start of the rollercoaster turns and had to slow down to about 75 for a while i was really surprised he kept up with me so well through the turns, when i talked to him later he told me it took everything he had to keep it from sliding out. i passed a car on a very small passing zone and my cuz didnt have time to pass so i blew it on him for a while until we got to walker valley ( a half mile strait away with a gas station, the speed limit changes to 45 through it) I slowed down due to massive po po presence through the valley, he cought up in no time. the race was back on as soon as the limit changed back to 55 he stayed pretty even with me through the remainder of the turns until we got to the town of pine bush and had traffic and a 30 mph speed limit to deal with for a few minutes once we left pine bush we got the the valley right b4 hoe bowl its a valley about 2 miles long you can see everyting no turns no cops, so he was expecting me to floor it and him to keep up, but the whole time i wanted a side by side race so i stayed at 60 or so waiting for him to start to pass so we could really run em'. I was watchig him in my mirror waiting, i looked at my speed, then back in the mirror and he was gone, i floored it but he was already past me, i cought up to him at about 100 then passed him at 120, got up to 125 put on my 4 ways to let know i owned him and slowed down, he said that the tar lines in the road were making the *** end of his car hop thats why he stopped at 115. i was like what tar lines?

Old 10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 01 2.8 A4 VS. 07 Crossfire

Just absolutely STUPID!!!
Tomorrows headline " 2 jackasses die while apparently trying to see who has the faster car". There's a better way to determine the winner, just pull down your pants, let loose, and see who has the farther stream. Be safe, for your health and more importantly, for others.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Guru

i call bs...... unless your cousin is that big of a loser with his car....... i have driven the v6 crossfires and they would romp your lil 2.8 a4

and you are trying to make him sound like a good drive with it took all he could to not loose it..... bs, it was probably you playing gt4 on playstation in i civic against a neon

Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
2nd Gear

Holy ****...I don't know about you guys, butI just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that post. Racing 190HP cars (barely) is stupid. Might as well video tape a foot race. BORING.

BTW-I wasted another 30 seconds writing my response....LOL...If your gonna BS, at least learn to lie right. TOOL!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: prbayha

Holy ****...I don't know about you guys, butI just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that post. Racing 190HP cars (barely) is stupid. Might as well video tape a foot race. BORING.

BTW-I wasted another 30 seconds writing my response....LOL...If your gonna BS, at least learn to lie right. TOOL!
i wasted 15 seconds reading your response and responding..... this guy might be as bad as kemp_travis in the lie department

Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 PM

your lucky your cousin wasn't driving the SRT-6 Crossfire. 330 hp and a 0-60 in about 5 seconds!!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

Well despite not being a fan of Street racing because of its stupidity what is even more stupid are the people who come here just to complain. If you don't like it dont come to this forums and read the posts. You know they are just going to aggravate you. Plus have the time after going on a short ramp about how stupid the original poster is you say, "this was such a waste of my time" but you continue to come back and waste your time. If you can't handle peopel writing about there idiotic street racing adventers you should not read in this topic because it is full of jackass who thing the roads are their play ground.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

OP please don't do this ever again

Old 03-07-2008, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

2.8 engines aren't that fast, 0-60 is about 8 to 9+ seconds on those while a normal (not srt6) crossfire does 0-60 around close to a flat 7 seconds and don't even get me started on the quarter mile cuz that is a joke... but don't get me wrong, 2.8s last and are great engines but not for racing.

A car is not always defined by its 0-60, lap times, or quarter miles, a car is defined by much more...
lets say some souped up ricer honda smokes you, that does not mean his car is better... an audi's build quality, prestige, name, solidness, and etcs count, not just some 0-60 numbers or number of makes/models it can smoke.

Do something better with your life... or just street-race and end up killing innocent people and yourself, you remind me of a guy I know who got his carimpounded and was arrested b/c it was his 3rd time racing with a SINGLE CAM civic lmao...