Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A4 1.8T vs GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:19 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 1.8T vs GTO

Ok so this weekend I was out driving home from the KU vs KSTATE football game. Im dead tired and i am about 5 miles away from home on a main 3 lane road. Its about midnight and im sitting at a stop light,and i hear what sounds like astock car, pulls up next to me. It of course was a new body style GTO 5.7L with some pretty serious mods. I asked him what he has done and he SAID procharger, open headers,and other ****. He askes me, (I basically have a gt28r & all the supporting mods.) So we are sitting at the red light and start reving our engines. Waiting for the light to turn green. I am looking at the street light going perpendicular with the street I am on, as it turns yellow, i bring my car up to about 5.5K(I have a stage2 clutch w/ quattro). I knew i would blow him away off the jump, but though onces i hit 3rd or 4th gear he would blow by me. So the light turns green, and I pop the **** out of the clutch. Iget my tires to squeek a little bit, and take off as he sits and does a stupid little burn out because those damn things suck of the line. So I cruse through 3rd and he starts to catch up. i get into 4th and then fifth and he is ahead of me. I look at my speed and it reads around 115mph(This in on a 45mph) Then all of a sudden I see the one thing anyone in my situation has nightmares about. Its a popo sittin on this little neighborhood inlet justhanging outwaiting for some party to bust or what ever the **** cops do. I slam on the breaks andthen time seems to go into slow motion. I think to my self, you just got a 78mph a 45mph 2weeks ago, and costs you a little over 300 dollars and if i get caught going that fast again its a 6 month license suspension + a big*** fine. So I re-think what im about to do and whats about to happen to me. I made my decision.Instead of my right foot going toward the break,I punch the**** outof it. I got back up to like 120ish and i see the red and blue lights flashing behind me, and im thinking to my self, IAM SO ****ed. The GTO had aalready made his decision and punched it also.I plow down 144th street at 120 mphs and see my littlemy neighboor hood. I decide to risk it and slamon the breaks and take a left turn running a red light at about 40 mph. I go about 60 in my neighborhood and see my cul-de-sak. I turn into it and hit my garage door button.(crafty germans saved my life) I fly into my garage slamming on my breaks making a little squeek wiith my tires. I shut the garage door and turn off all the lights and peek out the blinds. MY heart drops again. I see thecop strolling down my cul-de-sak. And i thought i might as well open up my garage and let him arrest me. There was like an angel or something that saved my life there b/c the cop just strolled on through did a U-turn and left my neighbor hood.
-who knows what happened to the GTO, that ****er could have crashed and died, but my *** is luckly still alive. thehe

Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A4 1.8T vs GTO

Right Shoulder vs. Left Shoulder

On one shoulder we have Mr. Demon saying, "Heck yeah! That was amazing!"

On the other shoulder we have Mr. Angel saying, "You've got to be crazy!"

Where I really stand is somewhere in between. PM sent for details.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

thats why i went ko2 turbo.. to save me from teh urge

Old 10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

All I have to say is this, you are a MOTHERFUCKING DUMBASS.

That is all, *******.

$h!t happens. Let's just hope he learned something from it.....

Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
SoCal Crew Member

you sir are one lucky crazy mother ******.

i bet that was one helluva adrenaline rush.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear

I got a chance to race a GTO with my 2.0T TT (GIAC 93 oct chip) up to 80 mph. He pulled on me from the line due to my FWD but was only about 1/2 car length ahead and at 80 mph was only 3/4 car lengths ahead of me before we braked (kinda of a busy street). Im sure at 100+ he would have pulled more but I was surprised to stay that close, he was too.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
1st Gear

haha dumb

Old 10-11-2007, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

hollaa!!!!!!! I GO TO K-STATE thats awesome! nice job now i gotta soop up my car!

Old 10-12-2007, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

i liked the story...****, i may have done the same thing..

Old 11-12-2007, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

crayness. thats all i can say