AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/street-strip-34/)
-   -   A4 vs. GTO (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/street-strip-34/a4-vs-gto-78689/)

prosperousJ 10-18-2007 04:48 AM

A4 vs. GTO

Okay so i went out to the friday night drag races at the local track, I told myself that i would just do a pass for fun. All my friends are like dude just do it all the cars are crap that go, so I get there thinking i am goign to win, okay so i go through tech inspection and pass, its an audi it going to pass lol. Then i get in line, Theres a bunch of crappy neons and some nice evos. so I think i get in to the slow line cause i wanted to sandbag a little. i pull up to a 06 GTO 6.0l, I look at him and i am like OMFG I am going to die so i try to back into a different line and there is a car behind me allready so i am stuck. We get up to the line he doeshis burnout, I'm AWD i just sit until he's done. time for staging. keep in mind i have never done this before. he's lines up in like 2sec and i'm there adjusting a bit, so thelights start counting down, red, yellow, and when the second yellow light comes on i just realize that i have it in reverse from staging, so i'm like SHIT by the time i put it in first the light turns green, the GTO takes off, then i do by the time i was done, i had a 15.9sec 1/4 mileand he had a 13.2 1/4 mile. I wanted to cry LOL. and my friend said shitty car go to the track on fridays, thats the last time i am going to listen to him.

Amze 10-18-2007 11:21 AM

RE: A4 vs. GTO

Hahah, funny story man. lol @ having in reverse, classic.

Its really random man, yeah POS's are there that run 16s+.. but not always.

Sucks you had to face a GTO[:o] Doomed!

prosperousJ 10-18-2007 07:52 PM

the funny thing was i had a 1.6 sec reaction time cause of the reverse thing, so i would have had ahigh 14 sec1/4 mile which is not bad

scg87 10-19-2007 02:56 PM

^ Nope, your ET doesn't start until your car moves. Your RT doesn't effect your ET.........

prosperousJ 10-19-2007 08:52 PM

Damn and i thought i would have done better :(

turbo kraut 10-19-2007 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: scg87

^ Nope, your ET doesn't start until your car moves. Your RT doesn't effect your ET.........
+1..... but realize, you have a slow 2.8 with alot of weight(body kit and wheels)lol

JETSPEED333 10-20-2007 03:46 PM

lol! funny.... at least you didn't take off from the line and go backward...lol!

hyperlight900 10-20-2007 05:59 PM

hahah plus the gto is worked ive seen numerous ones at the track running 14.1 sooo i would have smoked one b4 with my s4 stage 2 befor my turbos blew :( but now im getting k04's sooo i wont bother with em hahahah

mudpuppu_94 10-21-2007 04:04 PM

my first time running at the track i had to run against a '89 s-10 with a 383 stroker. i just said f*** it and didnt run. just sat there at the light and waited. no way was i going to get smoked. it was test and tune so it didnt matter

Scott Long 10-28-2007 05:32 PM

My friends GTO went 13.40@106mph bone stock with his 300+ lb ass driving it on a 2.3 sec 60 ft. time. If he had some traction and let me drive it(I weight 170-175) the car could have went 12.70-12.80 as is with drag radials (he had stock 18" tires on it). It was an 06 6-speed 6.0L 400hp GTO. Still pretty impressive for that heavy car w/ independent rear suspension (which is better for road racing and handling than it is for drag racing, a solid rear axle is ideal for drag racing).

And your reaction time is the time it takes from the green light to come on until you actually move your car. I always launch when the last yellow light comes on beacause the lights at .5 sec apart so by the time you move you get a sweet reaction time. A .500 reaction time is dead on perfect since the lights are in .5 second increments. What was your 60 ft. time?

15.9 isn't bad for a 12v, I thought they were a lot slower than that. I swear my old 12v 5-speed was probably a 17.2 car.

I wouldn't care if I lined up against a rail car, I'd give it my all to see what I could do (unless you are trying to sandbag for money racing).