Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A6 vs Buick...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:59 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 vs Buick...

I normally do not do this. I was on my way home from class today, Temple Law. I was at red light and this older man 65+ raced up behind me then got in the left hand lane next to me and was gripping his steering wheel and licking his lips like there were voices in his head telling him it’s not ok. Wow! It was a sight! I thought to myself, dude your in a hurry. The light turns green he punches it and takes off. Now one might think I was provoking him by rolling the clutch in and out while waiting for the light to change. I just wanted to see if there was someone else in the car, because he was mumbling some crazy sh%t while staring out the front windshield. There was no else in the car. No Bluetooth or phone.

This was no ordinary Buick! It’s the new 08-09 Lacrosse Super.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

This thing sounded like an LT-1corvette launching from a stand still. It rumbled! Ok! Here's the kicker, just yesterday I switched my program from pump to stock to try to limit myself from beating my car for awhile and considered I would conserve some fuel while doing so. Also, I like to drive in stock mode for awhile then switch back to blow off steam. It’s like getting the program for the first time. I know I'm weird. But, don’t lie you do it too.

So back to the story...I pull off and proceed to the next light, thinking sh%t I wish I was in pump mode (GIAC; car has to be off to use flash loader) there he is waiting at the next light. Still mumbling sh^t. So, again the light turns green he goes, I go, that SOB is quick! First, gear is pretty much a waste, second gear goes to about 7000, then third, I love third gear, I started to pull in front "a little" but we had to go our seperate ways. He probably would have gave me a good race.

Who would have ever thought the old man in the Buick would have smoked my a$$. Big ups old man in the blue Buick lacrosse I'll see you soon, but beware I'll be ready w/ 65 more ponies and 85 more ft lb of torque. You silly crazy bastard.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

how lame..??? the car has a v8 with 300 ponies.
and is front wheel drive....
and a 4 speed automatic..
bleh... buick... pshhh

Old 08-09-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

LS4. i've heard something about a guy in cali using that motor/trans in a fiero. with heads and a cam. in a fiero.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

ha ha, that fiero prolly would have fallen apart b/c of all that power..