Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Bad Bad Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default Bad Bad Accident

Well, I finally have had a first hand account of what street racing can do to you. I was on my way home tonigh travelling I-5 North. I was cruising a moderate 70 mph listening to some Christmas music.....BTW - Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!! ....An early 2000ish Acura Integra (riced of course) flew past me probably doing 100ish or so. Closely following was a 2001 or '02 Acura TL. I stepped it up to 85-90 to observe. I watched the TL (which is a quicker car, Integra's MODS unknown) cut the Integra off to scoot over to the carpool lane. At this point on I-5 the carpool lane leaves the major thouroughfare and there is a barricade where the roads seperates. Looks like a big triangle.When the TL dodges to the left hard from the right of the Integra to hit the carpool lane (man it looked close from 80-90 yards back) the Integra hits the brakes too hard and hits the barricade sideways literally destroying the car.There was parts everywhere. It happened so fast. He must have hit it doing 100 +. I observed 2 people inside when they passed me. I am certain this was a fatal crash.Since I was right on top of it I could not stop. I continued along determined to catch up with the TL while grabbing my mobile to call 911. Someone probably died tonight andI felt compelled todo something. The freewaywas empty when this happened and was a desert in front of me. I clicked to 3rd and caught up to theTL.He must haveknown something happened. He slowed down to 70 ish. I rode his *** with the brights on while dialling 911. Hetries to get away, but quite frankly was missing around 75 HP to do so. I was on the phone with 911and a State Patrol was on us immediately. 911 knew I was on the hunt and I was instructed to back down. I did and the TL was pulled over. I pulled over as well and it turn out that after speaking with the officer that the TL driver was buddies with the Integra driver. They were f**king around and he probably killed his friend. I left my statement, the guy was arrested, and that was that. I will probably see this in the morning paper. GUYS...PLEASE DON'T PUT YOURSELF OR OTHERS AT RISK. WE ALL LIKE TO HAVE FUN AND MESS AROUND BUT TONIGHT WAS AN EYE OPENER AND HOW QUICKLY THINGS CAN TURN UGLY. JUST REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY AND LOVED ONES ESPCIALLY DURING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. DON'T RISK IT ALL FOR 30 SECONDS OF FUN. ITS SIMPLY NOT WORTH IT. IT MAKES ME SAD TO KNOW THAT SOMEONES CHILD, A BROTHER, A SISTER ETC WILL HAVE TO GET A PHONE CALL WITH SOME BAD NEWS 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. THIS EXPERIENCE PUTS IT INTO PERSPECTIVE FOR ME. I HOPE IT HELPS YOU SEE IT TOO.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Bad Bad Accident

What a night you had.

Thanks for sharing. Again, shows how bad street racing is.

I'm glad nothing happened to your car/you as the crash happened right infront of you.

Where are you located?

Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 PM

holy SH!!!T what a story. let us know if you see something in the papers. You definately did the right thing. wow I'm still shocked from that story.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:13 PM
SoCal Crew Member

A lot of times, this is what street racing will lead to..fatality. No matter how many time it's been said, a lot of people will still do it. They have this "it will never happen to me" mentality until it happens. Just glad no other innocent cars were involved

Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear

im glad you stuck with the TL guy, and called the cops.

good job,

sorry for the rough night

Old 12-28-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

dam that a bummer bro

Old 01-01-2008, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

wow thats messed up, kinda slapped me into reallity, hope this helps somebody make the right desicion,

Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for posting this and you did a great job.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

wow wow wow thanks for the post.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

ive seen a street racing accident before, it really makes you stop and think next time u wanna slam the gas.

Quick Reply: Bad Bad Accident