Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I don't get it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear
Default I don't get it!!!

[align=left] Coming from an Audi guy in myself, I just don't get it. It's not uncommon while I'm driving in my Evo that I'm constantly getting challenged from guys in A4's. I'm not one to actively street race, but if it's wide open and no one around, I may occaisionally have some fun. I have noticed that guys in S4's and M3's won't look to do anything, but it seems that I'm always getting guys in A4's who wanna go. Why don't the guys with the faster cars ever look to see how fast they are, yet it's the guys with the slower ones that are always bothering me?

http://www.corelineracing.com/galler...e/emrie_engine

[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I don't get it!!!

Possibly age demographic? Street racing is largely for kids, S4s are not. Possibly the nothing to loose vs don't wanna loose factor. "cool, an EVO. I want to see it run and how close I can keep up." compared to, "an EVO, probably modded to hell and wants to add an M3 to the kill list. No way."

Old 12-05-2007, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

So what are your experiences with your ZO6? Let me guess, Civics revving you from a red light? LOL
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

I actually don't see much action at all on the street. I drive it 20 miles each way to work and back, but that's all on a two lane Arizona back road. I'm just so rarely driving around in the city, that situations rarely arise. I've have the car for over a year and have played on the street twice. Once against a CTS-V for a few 35-90 type pulls and once a brand new, paper plate EVO-IX gave me a 65-110ish pull on the freeway. Both were under pretty safe cercumstances, both times I waschallenged,and both ended with friendly thumbs up from everybody. When I first got the car I felt like a rock star. But after that faded, I am actually suprised how few looks and little attention it gets. Maybe because it's silver and it's dirty all the time. [8D]

Old 12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear

It doesn't matter what you own. The glamour wears off quick. Its like that Caddy Commercial..."When you turn on your car, does it return the favor?" My answer...yes, for the first 2 weeks, thenit's just something else to wash and take care of.Naked chicks and beer turn me on..I don't know about you guys...LOL...The older you get the less things seem exciting anymore, but I digress...Naked chicks and beer are a sure thing...

Old 12-07-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: smarsenal

So what are your experiences with your ZO6? Let me guess, Civics revving you from a red light? LOL
[align=left] [/align]
How about when civics rev me at lights on my 127RWHP 81ftlb torque to the rear wheel 440lb V-twin superbike.LMAO
I've got more HP and more torque at any RPM goin to my wheel then them to their 2 front R14 175 tires. I usually just give em the thumbs up,pretend like i'm tryin my best shiftin at 3k RPm,loping along like a harley,shake my head smack the bike for bein so slow and give em another thumbs up, then flip em off when i'm ready to take off at warp speed.0-140 in the quarter faster then their car hits 60 mph.lol Some people just need help.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

It's the opposite for me...I almost never get tempted to race by anyone lol...I look for it sometimes, just a quick drag and there wouldn't be so bad. I got an A6 2.7T model, but I debadged it and tinted it expecting more people to resond to race, but in all honestly I don't get that much at all...Weird..

Old 12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

How about when civics rev me at lights on my 127RWHP 81ftlb torque to the rear wheel 440lb V-twin superbike.LMAO
I've got more HP and more torque at any RPM goin to my wheel then them to their 2 front R14 175 tires. I usually just give em the thumbs up,pretend like i'm tryin my best shiftin at 3k RPm,loping along like a harley,shake my head smack the bike for bein so slow and give em another thumbs up, then flip em off when i'm ready to take off at warp speed.0-140 in the quarter faster then their car hits 60 mph.lol Some people just need help.
HAHA i need a sport bike

Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

A6... not the "typical" street racing car *shrugs*
I'm sorry, a Honda is? *shrugs*.........................

Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear

^ Yeah.......