Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

B5 S4 sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Thumbs up B5 S4 sway bars?

Whats up ppl,
First post here so lets start it off right. Right now im running KW V2s with Dahlsback valving on my sex four...now its time to eliminate that body role! "How will the car be drivin?" Is a very common question and I want this B5 to handle like its a go martial is my answer. Will that ever actually happen? Who knows I guess with time I will find out...ANYWAYS, swaybars what would some recommend for a very aggressive setup? H&R, suspension techniques, hotckiss, others? Hallow or solid? Adjustable or no? Yes im very aware of the other components that need to be modified/upgraded but lets start here.

Conor

Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Administrator

From what I've read, the Hotchkis adjustable bar is a great upgrade. On the three settings available, don't go stiffer than 2 without triangulating subframe braces. Apparently guys have run without them on the stiffest setting and have cracked their subframes.

Also a friend of mine did some searching and found replacement control arm bushings made from urethane which can replace the OEM rubber bushings. I had urethane bushings throughout my 300ZX and the difference was significant. Look into Stern adjustable upper control arms too so you can change camber settings for more aggressive handling or longer tire life as conditions dictate.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Cheers for the quick reply

That helps alot...the adjustable upper control Ive heard are next to impossible to come by (stasis) but are there any other manufactures advailable? Im about to call 034 and talk to them but i would like some leads. What about the K-Max adjustable camber plates? i have a buddy in town thats running those on his B5 and he likes them alot saying they are an alternative to the Stasis units even though its addressing a different part for the same problems/adjustments.

PS If i go with the forward poly diff mount (rear) through 034 will i be tearing my other mounts or hardware up until i can upgrade everything else to poly? my mount is TOAST and needs to be replaced asap but i wana put in a purpous tuned unit that will suit the goals for my b5.