Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Allroad conversion?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Allroad conversion?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is question has been asked. I'm considering converting my very problematic '03 Allroad air suspension to a fixed suspension system. At that point I am thinking of selling the car. What I'm curious about is what will the conversion do to the resale value of the Allroad? My assumption is that it will go down - but how significantly. A friend said they thought that value may not change considering the air suspension is such a pain. This seems like wishful thinking to me but what do I know.

Additionally, are there any suggestions for a good, not to expensive fixed suspension system out there. I'd be having the conversion done at a garage, I'm no mechanic.

Thanks for any insight/advice you might have.

kastdc

Old 01-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Certified

You are not adding value to the vehicle , you are just making it operational which is part of ownership. It is called maintenance & repair.