AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/)
-   -   H&R vs Neuspeed springs (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/suspension-28/h-r-vs-neuspeed-springs-130285/)

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 04-19-2009 05:38 PM

H&R vs Neuspeed springs

ok so im gettin springs for my car soon and i was thinkin of goin with H&R Race springs (which lower my car 1.5F, 1.9R) and i found for $240.

But i looked around and found a set of neuspeed which retail at $270 (but i found for 215) they're also "race" springs but lower my car 2in all around....
i havent found the diff in spring rate but they're both progresive springs... and thats about all the diff between the two....
i'd rather get the 2in drop all around but i havent heard much about neuspeed so i wanna ask around!
if anyone has had any experience or pics of any of these set ups it'd be greatly apreciated.
oh and there was a AF member that had the hook-ups with the springs (wholesale acount or something) but i forget who it was so if anyone remembers let me kknow.
THANKS!!

ps they're goin on my 1999.5 A4 2.8 QM (stock susp)

Audiman08 04-19-2009 09:09 PM

iv got the NeuSpeed sport springs and i love them. the overall drop is 1.5. in my opinion its just the right amount of drop. but then again i dont like the whole slamed look. the ride was deffinatly stiffened up in all the right ways. you dont get the bouncy feeling that you see all the honda guys with on the free way, and nice planted feeling through a long sweeper and tight corner. iv got pics of before and after. but im gunna have to figure out how to do that.

i bought my springs for 200 i think. i bought them off of mjmautohaus.com

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 04-20-2009 03:17 AM

oh yeah my friend was tellin me about mjmautohaus and i went to check it out and found the neuspeed race springs for 200 and free shipping (ground).
i think thats what im gonna go for... but i would like to see some pics of ur car before and after anyways lol. and did u just do the springs or are you on aftermarket/sport shocks???
THANKS ALOT FOR THE INPUT MAN!

Audiman08 04-21-2009 12:13 AM

ya no worries man just tryin to help. ya i have pics of before and after, but i cant figure out on how to put them into the text:confused: i did just the springs. ya they are based out to texas, and they got to me in northern cali in like 2 days. send me your email and ill send you some pics

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 04-21-2009 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Audiman08 (Post 1075787)
ya no worries man just tryin to help. ya i have pics of before and after, but i cant figure out on how to put them into the text:confused: i did just the springs. ya they are based out to texas, and they got to me in northern cali in like 2 days. send me your email and ill send you some pics

PM sent

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 04-21-2009 06:12 PM

SO I'VE DECIDED TO GO WITH NEUSPEED RACE SPRINGS!!!
im gonna order them from mjmautohaus (free ground shipping) supposed to be here in 3-5 business days!!! i hope they come in this week. still dont know if im gonna do it myself or not. but will probably take it into a shop. I should start lookin around for one!

Audiman08 04-28-2009 01:53 PM

ya man i dont think that you will have any issues with using the stock rims.

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 05-01-2009 02:02 AM

alright guys i have a couple more questions!!!
so i called a few shops around here and they gave me estimates.
one of them wanted $530 just to install the springs (no alignment, no anything)
another wants $270-300 to install them (doesnt include alignment either). now this one does specialize in audi/vw/porsche, and they can do it anytime i wanna drop by; but they told me that they dont recomend gettin it aligned since the camber will be off either way. so i was like ok, sound a lil weird but ok.
so today i called another shop that specializes in susp/align and brake stuff. and they quoted me at ~250 with alignment which is by far the best deal... but when i told him i didnt wanna get it aligned he was like "what!? are you retarded?", well not literaly but he sounded like it lol. anyways i was like well the camber is gonna be off anyways so i wanna just do the springs and later on get it aligned when i get a camber kit. and he told me that if i was gonna need a camber kit for the numbers to match that he recomended just waiting till i have everything to do it at the same time to save time/money. so im kinda confused....
do i really need a camber kit??
is it gonna be too bad with a 2" lowering?? or can i just go with alignment and call it good...
idk which shop to listen too... and where do i even find a camber kit???
thanks guys and sorry for the long post!!

Audiman08 05-01-2009 03:36 AM

HHHHMMMMM? the first shop is rap, the second is right around the right amount to charge for springs, but the third is definatly the better deal. but you definatly want to get an alignment even if you have to get a camber kit. if you dont then you will also have toe-in or toe-out problems, and then your tire will be gone in no time. i was lucky when i went for my alignment in not haven to buy a camber kit.

DÌEGØs AÜD!CTIØN 05-02-2009 03:00 AM

thanks audiman
i've been thinkin about it and i think im just gonna do the alignment!!
unless it turns out to be really bad then i'l get the camber kit, btw i still havent found one lol
but yeah i called this shop today and they dont have time to do it untill may12 which sucks but i can wait i guess!! maybe i'll get hids in the meanwhile... or spacers :]