Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Ideas for temporarily raising a 99.5 A4 currently on Eibach Pro Kit

Old 09-22-2014, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Ideas for temporarily raising a 99.5 A4 currently on Eibach Pro Kit

Hey all. I have a 99.5 A4 2.8 that is on Eibach ProKit Suspension. We absolutely love the way it rides and handles (we bought it with this and many other mods already in place) but 2 problems - It's too low for 'around town' where we live due to the prevalence of 'dips' - this has resulted in 7 or 8 cracked oil pans. Second, we want better winter condition handling for the upcoming season.

I put a skid-plate on last year and we stopped cracking oil pans but my wife hit one dip so hard it cracked the upper oil pan.... SO... she's been sitting for 6 months (the car, not the wife) and we are finally getting around to doing the 100k (slightly belated) Timing Belt, as well as a fair number of other things while we have the engine out...

All that said, we initially purchased the car as a 'ski car' but it being so low it is useless in the snow. We would like to raise it back up for the winter about 1/2 to 1 inch and for the summer I just won't let her drive it in town :P (and I'll have to be a bit more careful).

Someone mentioned possibly putting some sort of spacer between the shocks/struts and body to give it that slight rise, I'd prefer to leave the ProKit on. Anyone have any thoughts for how to get the car lifted up that small amount without a suspension change?

Old 09-22-2014, 05:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Oil Pans

On a slightly similar note - anyone know if it is possible to get a steel oil pan rather than the typical aluminum (no oil sensor hole)? If this is possible, is there any advantages/ disadvantages anyone wants to throw out? More point of curiosity than anything. Thanks in advance for everyone's input on this thread!